Join a passionate team!
Seeking driven candidates with demonstrated success to improve current practices and processes required to deliver complex electro/optical systems on schedule and budget. Perform manufacturing test engineering duties related to verifying performance of complex night vision and laser systems. Participate as key member of cross-functional team to tackle hands-on design opportunities that become production reality as we continue to provide innovative solutions that maximize the warfighter's effectiveness on the battlefield
- Perform test equipment design, build, integration, debugging and testing (hands-on equipment and production fixture design) used in the test of advanced night vision and laser products
- Participate in testing, troubleshooting and analysis. Provide support in the development, implementation and maintenance of test processes and diagnostic programs.
- Support Verification and Validation of test platforms before final release to production to ensure test intent is met
- Collaborate with manufacturing, engineering to develop robust test equipment and software that improves manufacturing execution and cycle time.
- Possess solid understanding of test processes including defining test strategies, test plans, test procedures and then following through on those test plans to execution and fault resolution.
- Consult with Design Teams; actively influence the integration for Design for Testability, through all phases of the program.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements.
- Support test engineering process improvement and implementation in order to reduce product defects and/or increase product throughput.
- Provide process capability measurements and improvements to enable capable test processes
- Troubleshoot and refine test procedures related to electrical assemblies.
- Support test equipment upgrades and maintenance requirements.
- Create equipment maintenance procedures for test equipment.
- Identify non-conformance causes and implementing strong corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Coordinate process improvement, cost reduction and/or defect reduction projects. This includes using Process Validation, Root Cause Analysis and Six Sigma Problem Solving skills to address test engineering and quality issues.
- Develop strong internal relationships with program team members and others cross functionally in order to identify and resolve manufacturing test issues.
- Support company values including ethical conduct and high integrity in all actions.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or related field and 5-8 years of test engineering experience in defense / aerospace industry.
- Labview experience desired
- Experience with hardware/software systems integration and troubleshooting required
- Hands-on experience with assembly and test of electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems
- Working knowledge of laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, logic/spectrum analyzers, meters and other equipment required
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods associated with assembly and test of cables, motors, thermal sensors, and focal planes
- Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements to access U.S. classified information.
This is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
*PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL / A RESPONSE TO YOUR APPLICATION WILL TYPICALLY ARRIVE VIA EMAIL WITHIN 24 HOURS. Please also check SPAM. **Also, please use WORD or PDF to upload your resume.
Req ID BTY 1866544