Join a passionate team! Growing company and a great group of people to work with and strong benefit package (company pays 100% of medical). Enjoy a 4 day work week with Friday's off. Apply today!
Responsible for continuous improvement with close supervision from Operations Manager. Core focus includes: Lean value stream mapping/process support and implementation, process monitoring (by applying cost effective methods using Six Sigma), statistical process control, control plans, FMEA etc. - to drive improvements in safety, productivity, and quality. Provide full support within all manufacturing departments and organization to serve as a technical expert. Needs to excel in the application of continuous improvement skills, driving improvement initiatives, using cross-function teams, while maintaining positive employee relations, team-oriented, problem solving and accountability.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible to help lead lean manufacturing efforts and can manage safety, productivity, and quality improvement projects to support rapid improvement.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of process capability.
- Can do Measurement systems analysis and report on gage variation verses process variation
- Develop cross functional Kaizen teams to address organizational wide continuous improvement initiatives. Lead Kaizen events focused on efficiency improvements and cost reduction efforts, report progress to management. Follow-up Kaizen events and ensure proper metrics are installed to ensure sustainment of improvements.
- Provides solutions to manufacturing process problems utilizing lean principles. Modifying cell layouts utilizing lean value stream principles where feasible. Identifies and recommends improvements of accurate cell capacity and production rates.
- Understands and applies TPM (Preventative Maintenance) to equipment and facilities. Implement and maintain Visual Factory and 5 S systems on the production floor and in support areas. Identify wasteful activities and understand why they should be eliminated using Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Ensure repeatable product quality and on-time delivery to our customer base. Assist in the development and implementation of corrective action. Proficient in 5Y, Fishbone, and mistake proofing techniques.
- Assist in company-wide MRP software implementation.
- Required Associates Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years of process control and improvement experience in a manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities.
- Minimum Six Sigma Certificate: Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with OSHA regulations, workplace safety programs, basic ergonomics.
- Basic ERP / MRP software knowledge a must; Intermediate / expert ERP / MRP software knowledge preferred.
This is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
*PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL / A RESPONSE TO YOUR APPLICATION WILL TYPICALLY ARRIVE VIA EMAIL WITHIN 24 HOURS. Please also check SPAM.
Req ID MJM LOCATION