Senior Graphic Designer
- Posted: 5 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are seeking a talented Senior Graphic Designer to research and design layouts for Hy-Vee Seasons magazine. The ideal candidate is creative and can understand and adapt messages to a variety of target audiences.
Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine is monthly publication distributed throughout Hy-Vee supermarkets and surrounding communities. Content created includes inspiring recipes and entertaining ideas, practical home and family solutions, timely health and wellness information and the coverage of interesting people, places and trends; enhanced with helpful product and service sales promotion.
Please include samples of your work along with your resume
Grey Dog Media is a growing, national-award-winning creator and publisher of custom and consumer media. Our products include magazines, catalogs, books, websites, videos, commercials, and collateral. Grey Dog Media offers a friendly, professional workplace with remarkable opportunities for creative-skills development and career advancement.
- Research, outline and design layouts under the direction of the Executive and Managing Art Directors
- Submit completed work to Executive Art Director for approval and re-design as directed until work has met client expectations
- Work collaboratively with editors to ensure story objectives are met
- Attend progress meetings to brainstorm ideas, report on work progress, present work, etc.
- Participate in the production of photography for each issue of Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine, as assigned
- Assist in the development of planning documents under the direction of the Executive Art Director
- Assist in the execution of client feedback under the direction of the Executive and Managing Art Directors
Education: Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
Experience: Minimum 3 years
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of design principles including typography, text placement, color, image selection, etc.
- Expert understanding of Adobe Cloud software (primarily InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Demonstrate discretion and maintain confidentiality with the public on all client matters
- Background in marketing and/or food is a plus
- Background in consumer publication design is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of English grammar with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and positively work within a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a desk
- Lift at least 25 lbs
- Work within a shared workspace
Job Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Benefits: Medical/HSA/401K/LTD/AD&D/Life Ins./Dental/PTO/Vision
Compensation: Highly Competitive
Grey Dog Media
590 Market StWest Des Moines, IA
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?