Writer/Content Strategist (Onsite)
- Expired: October 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
GG+A is a full-service philanthropic management consulting firm with 60 years of industry-defining leadership in helping our clients realize the full potential of their missions through the growth of philanthropic support. Our primary mission is to assist our clients in the substantial improvement and acceleration of their fundraising programs. We seek to align those programs with the institutions core mission and ensure their sustainability.
GG+A is an international resource for data-driven best practices in all areas of advancement, including fundraising, engagement, communications, and advancement services. We provide counsel to a global constituency of non-profits, specifically in the areas of higher education, academic medicine/healthcare, independent schools, arts and culture, select humanitarian institutions, and a range of charities and non-profit organizations.
GG+A embodies a high-performance and entrepreneurial culture. We are client-centric, rigorous, creative, and data-driven in our practices, and committed to responding swiftly and effectively to client needs and requirements. We offer a challenging environment and seek intelligent, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented and have high integrity.Position Summary
This position is onsite - in our Chicago Office. The Writer/Content Strategist is a key member of the firms Marketing team, reporting directly to Executive Director, Marketing. This role is responsible for developing and executing a multi-channel content strategy aimed at enhancing GG+As brand and informing clients and potential clients of the value of partnering with GG+A. The Writer/Content Strategist will closely collaborate with GG+A consultants and clients to create inventive thought leadership and capture captivating client stories about philanthropic innovation that is grounded in data and reflects GG+As high standard of client service. This position also supports business development functions by creating lead-generating content geared toward enhancing the market eminence of the GG+A brand.
The writer/content strategist will be passionate about the mission of the firm, live the core values established by leadership, and support a high-performance culture that engages, motivates and focuses the firms consulting talent in pursuit of profitable growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of GG+A
- Working closely with the Executive Director of Marketing, strategize, update and maintain content for annual editorial calendar
- Collaborate with consultants and subject matter experts to create a steady stream of brand-building thought leadership content (white papers, case studies, client stories, etc.)
- Interview client contacts to develop compelling stories about their institutions, missions, and impact
- Collaborate with the marketing team to package thought leadership pieces into other formats (blog posts, social media posts, email nurturing campaigns, webinar content, PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
- Draft website content, conference materials, and collateral content to describe GG+A products and services, and illustrate related value proposition and impact
- Ensure thought leadership content aligns with SEO best practices for website ranking
- Develop deep knowledge of GG+A products, services, people, and market sectors, and monitors related competitor content
- Enhance content strategy and development by understanding reports and analytics, incorporating market appetite for relevant content topics
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in a writing or editorial capacity
- e.g., content development or corporate communications
- Demonstrated content development, writing, proofreading, and editing skills in a business environment
- Experience working in websites and email clients like HubSpot or similar
- Experience interviewing colleagues and audiences to draw out compelling stories
- Experience with a professional services firm and/or the nonprofit domain preferred
- Experience developing multi-channel content strategies designed to reach different audiences at different points in along the customer journey
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to learn more about the nonprofit sector and help our clients advance their missions
- Ability to translate broad, complex concepts into clear, concise, and compelling material
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to respond quickly and appropriately to shifting demands
- Ability to establish, cultivate and nurture high value relationships across the organization, and with clients
- Demonstrate ability to use diplomacy and tact in all communication, written and verbal
- Demonstrate pride in teamwork and outcomes
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide highly valued client-service for both internal and external clients, with focus on continual improvement
- Ability to read and comprehend intermediate instructions given from written and oral sources
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, employees, the public
- Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate comfort presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and know when to seek guidance from leadership
- Ability to work under pressure to meet exacting deadlines
- Ability to identify problems and determine the best course of action for their resolution, including knowing when to communicate and engage others
- Ability to think analytically and proactively solve problems
- Demonstrate sound discretion, professional judgement, and business ethics in decision making
- Demonstrate ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and manage multiple priorities in a demanding, fast-paced, and deadline-driven -environment with astute attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computer, keyboard, mouse technology
- Repetitive motion activities such as heavy typing and using a mouse
- Ability to adjust focus quickly from one medium to another
- Attend any/all project meetings and in-person client meetings
- Flexible hours may be required to accommodate global clients
Grenzebach Glier and Associates
BusinessView all jobs at Grenzebach Glier and Associates
Get fresh Medical Content Writer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.