Project Manager - Professional Services Firm
- Expired: September 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
GG+A is a full-service philanthropic management consulting firm with 60 years of industry-defining leadership in helping our clients realize the full potential of their missions through the growth of philanthropic support. Our primary mission is to assist our clients in the substantial improvement and acceleration of their fundraising programs. We seek to align those programs with the institution’s core mission and ensure their sustainability.
GG+A is an international resource for data-driven best practices in all areas of advancement, including fundraising, engagement, communications, and advancement services. We provide counsel to a global constituency of non-profits, specifically in the areas of higher education, academic medicine/healthcare, independent schools, arts and culture, select humanitarian institutions, and a range of charities and non-profit organizations.
GG+A embodies a high-performance and entrepreneurial culture. We are client-centric, rigorous, creative, and data-driven in our practices, and committed to responding swiftly and effectively to client needs and requirements. We offer a challenging environment and seek intelligent, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented and have high integrity.
The Project Manager is responsible for moving client projects forward and is responsible for the following: coordinating project workflow and deliverables throughout the life of multiple client projects, communicating with and coordinating activities of multiple project teams, compiling project data, performing comparative data analytics, drafting client presentations and reports, drafting or editing correspondence, conducting occasional benchmarking, and other duties as required. The Project Manager may report to the Vice President, Consulting Resources. GG+A has a strong work culture, evidenced by the deep commitment and extraordinary work ethic of its staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate GG+A’s mission, vision and values
- Provide coordination to client team projects under the direction of the lead project Consultant(s); may be asked to manage and oversee the work of the Project Associates assigned to the client project team and coordinate the work of other consultants and staff
- Serve as the primary liaison for the client, providing guidance, responding to client questions and concerns, and flagging issues for project lead(s) as appropriate
- Provide administrative support on study projects, including drafting self-study/request for materials documents; developing study manuals with timelines and draft collateral materials; assisting in the development of questionnaires; coordinating documents; assisting with itineraries, background, and interview materials; and providing overall coordination of tasks for study projects, which may include directing Project Associates in this work
- Assist in developing final reports and presentations, assuring the firm's best-in-class quality standards
- Assist in client data compilation projects, including design of survey instruments, data collection, graphic representation, and report design
- Access appropriate internal and external data via website or other sources in order to create relevant tables and charts
- Prepare and maintain timelines, organizational charts, and project spreadsheets
- Oversee the Project Associate in the preparation of correspondence and documents for client projects, including standardization, formatting, production, assembly, and mailing.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members
- Discuss project deadlines with other GG+A colleagues as part of the project team and ensures that work is prioritized appropriately
- Manage time well to ensure availability to meet project team’s expectations for work assignments
- Take proactive role in communicating assignment deadlines to team members and ensuring deliverables are prepared and submitted within determined timeframe
- Include work colleagues in best practice advances
- Ensure deliverables follow GG+A style, format, and best practices’ standards.
- Share knowledge in technical skill areas with work colleagues, making a positive change and measurable difference to GG+A and client projects
- Participate in onboarding for new consulting staff, as well as internal professional development sessions
- Maintain helpful, positive approach; contribute to an efficient, collegial working environment.
- Flexible hours may be required to accommodate global clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with at least 1-2 years direct experience in managing projects or programs
- Experience in higher education, nonprofit, or fundraising preferred
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Ability to establish, cultivate and nurture high value relationships across the organization, and with clients
- Demonstrate motivated initiative with a “can-do” approach for results-oriented outcomes
- Demonstrated pride in teamwork and outcomes
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of GG+A
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide highly valued client-service for both internal and external clients, with focus on continual improvement
- Ability to read and comprehend intermediate instructions given from written and oral sources
- Ability to write intermediate correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, employees, the public
- Demonstrated clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated comfort presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- Desirable traits: Overachiever, flexible, ability to switch priorities, speed and accuracy
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English fluently
- Data analysis and strong experience developing visual depictions of data trends
- Ability to understand mathematical relationships and formulas
- Ability to manage and track budgets
- Ability to work independently and know when to seek guidance from leadership
- Ability to work under pressure to meet exacting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to use diplomacy and tact in all communication, written and verbal
- Ability to identify problems and determine the best course of action for their resolution, including knowing when to communicate and engage others
- Ability to think analytically and proactively solve problems
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects demonstrating structured organization and astute attention to detail
- Demonstrates sound discretion, professional judgement, and business ethics in decision making
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computer, keyboard, mouse technology
- Repetitive motion activities such as heavy typing and using a mouse
- Ability to adjust focus quickly from one medium to another
- Attend any/all project meetings and in-person client meetings
- Flexible hours may be required to accommodate global clients
Powered by JazzHR
Grenzebach Glier and Associates
BusinessView all jobs at Grenzebach Glier and Associates