The Director of Client Projects (DCP) directly supports John Glier, the CEO of Grenzebach Glier and Associates (GG+A). Through his Executive practice area, John provides strategic counsel to hundreds of higher education, academic medicine/healthcare, arts and culture, and voluntary sector institutions throughout the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
Working closely with the CEO to drive strategic initiatives and lead special projects, the DCP will also assist in researching and curating data, developing client-facing materials and preparing speeches and presentations. The DCP will work with the CEO's direct reports and other senior leaders to ensure effective communication, proper alignment of priorities, and meticulous project management.
This key role affords a unique opportunity to learn the business, deliver exceptional service and directly impact the strategic direction and operational success of the firm. Senior leadership views this role as an "investment" in the future of the firm, positioning the DCP with the potential opportunity to advance into a future administrative leadership position and/or consulting role within the firm.
- The DCP will quickly acquire a foundational understanding and working knowledge of the firm's values, practice areas, products and services, clients, resources, programs, and strategic priorities.
- Effectively and efficiently manage simultaneous projects by understanding relevant context and providing procedural guidance to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Knowledge Resource team to organize, inventory and digitize manual notes, correspondence and files for archiving within the internal SharePoint site.
- Assist CEO in preparing for client meetings, developing agendas, gathering and summarizing Knowledge Resources, and assembling related reference materials.
- Conduct research and gather and summarize data covering an array of topics across a breadth of constituents.
- Compile, compose and edit content within reports, speeches, presentations, talking points, and related memoranda for the CEO.
- Maintain a master list of the CEO's client projects detailing scope of services, deliverables, timelines, prescribed procedures and follow-up tasks.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant in anticipating the evolving needs, competing demands and shifting priorities of the CEO. This may require impromptu work after business hours and occasionally on weekends.
- Monitor the progress of a wide range of projects, initiatives, and activities for the CEO. Track and assess the attainment of key milestones and goals, anticipate and manage internal/external dependencies, ensure that commitments are fulfilled, and keep the CEO apprised of the ongoing status of project deliverables.
- Identify and highlight important issues, developments and areas of concern for the CEO, ensuring that various perspectives on issues are presented accurately, objectively and supported by evidential data. Postulate alternative scenarios and outcomes for the CEO's consideration based on a thorough and careful analysis of relevant facts, conditions and circumstances.
- Provide hands-on, detail-oriented leadership in managing the fast-paced activities of the Executive practice area and coordinating related administrative support responsibilities on behalf of the CEO.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team in gathering competitive intelligence and creating proposal documents.
- Communicate formal internal/external communications from the CEO.
- Collaboratively liaise with firm leadership, consultants, and staff on matters requiring CEO involvement, concurrence and approval.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Core Competencies
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity, judgment and discretion in tactfully managing confidential matters
- Ability to thrive through effective teamwork/collaboration in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple, shifting priorities
- Comfortable in working with urgency (but demonstrating calm) in delivering against demanding deadlines
- Previous experience supporting senior leadership and exhibiting an unwavering commitment to unparalleled service delivery both to external clients and internal stakeholders
- Exceptional proofreading and copy editing skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with relevant Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and demonstrated proficiency in creating spreadsheets, visual depictions of data trends and formal presentations
- Thoughtful, active listening skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Communicative, resourceful and consultative problem solver
- Demonstrates sound professional judgment in navigating through ambiguity
- Willingness to confidently speak and act on convictions
- Passion for continuous process improvement
- Passion for advancing the missions of nonprofit institutions, with a contemporary knowledge and appreciation for philanthropic fundraising
- Willingness to develop relationships and establish trust and credibility with colleagues across the firm in driving the CEO's vision
- Proactively team with staff and leadership in identifying opportunities, anticipating issues, diagnosing barriers to progress, developing solutions, and executing optimal outcomes
- Ability to research a broad range of topics and to distill key messages in preparation for CEO's presentations
- Working knowledge of business concepts and finance/operational metrics
- Ability to triage technical issues for the CEO, involving IT support as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Previous experience in advancement, development, fundraising, and/or campaign planning domains is preferred.
- Relevant experience and demonstrated success in a role of comparable complexity in a higher education, academic medicine/healthcare, arts and culture, voluntary sector, consulting, government or private sector environment.
GG+A is a full-service philanthropic management consulting firm with over 50 years of industry- defining leadership in helping our clients realize the full potential of their missions through resource generation. Our primary mission is to assist our clients in the substantial improvement and acceleration of their fundraising programs. We seek to align those programs with the institution's core mission and ensure their sustainability.
GG+A is an international resource for data-driven best practices in fundraising, engagement, and advancement. We provide counsel to a global constituency of nonprofits, specifically in the areas of higher education, academic medicine/health care, independent schools, arts & culture, and select human services institutions and charities.
GG+A embodies a high-performance and entrepreneurial culture. We are client-centric, rigorous and data-driven in our practices, and committed to responding swiftly and effectively to client needs and requirements. We offer a challenging environment and seek intelligent, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented and have high integrity.