- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Night shift position
- Move trains safely in the yards and over the road.
- Must be able to climb ladders, board and/or ride freight cars, operate track switches, inspect cars and use radio communications to control train movement.
- Ability to work a non-standard 40-hour work week (train crews are always on-call).
- Be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions – including snow, ice, rain, cold and heat and be expected to work various hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to count and compare numbers.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and react to changing conditions on the job.
- Must have an understanding of the operation of track switches, coupling and uncoupling cars and performs other duties associated with the movement of trains, cars and engines in rail yards and on the main railroad, and pass written tests to verify competency.
- Must have strong vision and hearing, including the ability to: see and read hand signals from near and far; distinguish between colors; visually judge the speed and distance of moving objects; see at night; and recognize changes in sounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Must possess a valid Conductor’s certificate issued by a program in compliance with 49 CFR Part 242.
- At least six months experience as a Conductor/Brakeman.
- Must be able to meet all hearing and vision requirements of 49 CFR Part 242 and pass a drug screening.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Must also be physically strong: able to push, pull, lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently; up to 50 pounds occasionally; and up to 83 pounds infrequently.
- Must have good balance to regularly step on and off equipment and work from ladders to perform various tasks. And you must be able to walk, sit, stand and stoop comfortably.
- Vacation, Holidays & Floating Holidays
- Excellent Medical, Dental, & Vision Program
- Employer paid Life Insurance, STD & LTD
- 401k program with Employer Match
- Bonus Program
Grenada Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications
Note that Grenada Railroad does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, GRYR will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Monday - Friday
Get fresh Train Conductor Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.