Yard Crew & Delivery Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
Greiner Buildings has an immediate opening for a Construction Yard Crewmember & Delivery Driver in our Washington, Iowa location. Requires a Class A CDL and general knowledge of building materials of all types, including an understanding and ability to calculate sizes, measurements and dimensions. Some prior experience in the building or construction field is preferred.
This position requires frequent, direct and unsupervised contact with customers of Greiner Buildings. Persons performing this position must always conduct themselves in the best possible manner to convey a positive image of Greiner Buildings to the customer.
- Load trailers, fulfill orders and deliver loads to job sites (Class A CDL – no airbrakes needed if delivering).
- Verify orders for accuracy before leaving for delivery.
- Deliver on time and properly placed on the site at the location specified by the customer or crew.
- Report any deviations in product or delivery.
- Record detailed, accurate description of returned material, including quantities, color, wood species, dimensions, weight and condition.
- Assist with counting and placement of incoming inventory
- Be mindful of safety and security measures at all times and obey all Greiner Building safety rules and processes.
- Ensure proper care and maintenance of vehicles and shop equipment.
- Dependable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Possession of or able to obtain a Class A CDL and medical certificate.
- General knowledge of building materials of all types, including an understanding of measurements and dimensions and the ability to calculate sizes, measurements and dimensions.
- Ability to lift up to 75-pounds.
- Ability to learn and operate moving equipment such as bobcats and forklifts.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English and communicate verbally and in writing. General language skills adequate to read and interpret various documents such as delivery and return tickets, safety instructions and warnings, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Pay & Benefits:
Greiner Buildings offers a competitive, escalating pay scale based on experience and performance. Currently $18-$20/hr
- Greiner Buildings employees get paid weekly.
- Time-and-a-half paid for any hours worked above 40 per week.
- Paid vacation, holidays and all training time is compensated.
- Health, dental and vision insurance (50% paid by the company).
- 401K with matching company funds.
- Ongoing job and safety training to advance your career.
- Willingness to adapt to a flexible work schedule. Hours are generally from 6am to 4pm and working approximately 45-50 hours per week. Willing to work extra hours when needed such as good weather conditions, completing work before bad weather, and taking care of demanding customer situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Yard Assistant is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions to include seasonal heat, cold, wet, snow and ice.
- Occasionally required to work at heights of up to 20 feet above grade, and must always insure protection is in place using appropriate guardrails and safety devices.
- This position requires careful observation of health and safety rules and safety equipment to include sound, vibration and such hazardous duties as operating electric saws and cutters of various types.
Applications are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and marital or veteran status or in the presence of a non-related medical condition or handicap.
ConstructionView all jobs at Greiner Buildings