Process Automation/Instrumentation Maintenance Tech
Greif Fitchburg, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $35 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Under general supervision, performs mostly routine and some non-routine maintenance and repair work according to established procedures. Typically requires basic knowledge of job procedures and tools obtained through work experience and may require vocational or technical education. Qualified candidates typically possess a high school diploma (or equivalent) and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Supports all electrical, pneumatic, and instrumentation systems and functions, ensuring cost effective support to maximize efficient mill operations.
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting all process controls (Distributive Control Systems, PLCs, Logic programs, instrumentation human interfaces, AC/DC variable speed drives and control loops)
- Field experience in calibrating, configuring, and repairing of various control instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperature) including associated control valves
- Supports portions of projects requiring instrumentation and electrical support and implementation.
- Evaluate control systems historical data as well as plant-floor operator feedback to gain an understanding of process and equipment issues that will allow for the skilled implementation of a resolution to the problem.
- Troubleshoot and resolve process control issues negatively impacting the operation. In addition, respond to emergency maintenance outside of normal business hours minimizing unplanned downtime.
- Adhering to all facility Safety Requirements in conjunction with OSHA and National Electrical Safety Code regulations and procedures
- Supporting efforts to maximize production through problem solving and correction of process bottlenecks. Work closely with operations and maintenance teams.
- 5+ years of experience in industrial electrical, or instrumentation field in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to resolve process and equipment issues.
Additional Skills a plus:
- Experience working with Allen Bradley drives and communication
- Allen Bradley Rockwell Logic Controllers (PLC's), Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's)
- ABB AC System Drives
- Experience Working with SCADA/DCS systems (Wonderware)
- Knowledge of industrial test equipment (Hart Communicator, Multimeter, signal generators, etc.)
- Experience interpreting process and instrumentation diagrams
GreifWhy Work Here?
At Greif, your work has purpose, your colleagues care about your well-being, and you have the opportunity to grow and thrive!
Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision: In industrial packaging, be the best performing customer service company in the world. Greif employs more than 16,000 people in 300+ production, warehouse and office locations in over 40 countries. The company is strategically positioned to serve global as well as regional customers, and we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. We encourage you to explore Career Opportunities in the U.S. at the Greif Global Headquarters in Delaware, Ohio and at our manufacturing facilities around the world.
100 Newark WayFitchburg, MA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Greif