This position supports service technicians to streamline workflow, minimize turnaround time and defects, supports customer requests, and performs various other technical activities.
- Service Technician/Customer Support
- Takes personal responsibility for on the job Safety for both self and co-workers, as well as the Company by consistently following documented procedures. Follow safety protocol by avoiding risk taking behavior or employing shortcuts. Always wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the situation. Keeps work area clean and free of hazards, label containers as necessary, and properly tags equipment out of service as required. Maintains a good standing safety record.
- Assists technicians with parts identification and requirements.
- Assists technicians with tooling identification and requirements.
- Provides technical support to technicians for diagnosing and completing repairs using the most current repair procedures. Provides basic technical support for customers.
- Maintains liaison with machine manufacturers through Cat DSN or other means to ensure prompt and efficient technical support.
- Maintains current CAT Service Information System, Electronic Technician, and literature to accomplish task.
- Provides S.O.S interpretation for abnormal oil samples and establishes communication with the appropriate PSSR and customer.
- Utilize Vision Link to access current machine location and information.
- Assist Service Departments with on-site support to troubleshoot and document problems to provide information to reduce Customer down time and costs.
- Provide Failure Analysis services on machines and parts to determine root cause of failures.
- Install and Maintain current Electronic Technician, SIS 2.0, and other Service Information on Technician and Customer computers and track licenses for updates and annual billing.
- Use various systems and software programs to enter information, investigate and research issues, install software, and document all findings to maintain history of issues and opportunities.
- Supports Technical Analyst in compiling information on Flat Rate Pricing, Repair Option Pricing and associated literature.
- Establishes method of identifying PIP machines and implementation of repairs.
- Supports Technical Services in Customer Service Agreement Activities (TM&R).
- Create and maintain monthly reports to track T/C call log and inquiries.
- Support technical training courses for the training department.
- Assists with special requests and other activities as needed.
- Print, read, and understand electrical / hydraulic schematics and other diagnostic publications to provide information needed for component identification and troubleshooting.
High school graduate. Prefer an associate degree or technical school graduate. An equivalent combination of education and heavy equipment experience may be considered.
Five years of experience as a technician in the heavy equipment industry at the shop technician skill level or higher. Strong mechanical and technical skill of Cat product knowledge is required.
Must be able to sit for long periods and work at a computer and be willing to perform shift work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. and work late as needed or requested.
Must be able to assist in shop or at customer's site with diagnosis and repair of machines which includes but not limited to climbing, lifting, and other physical duties as needed.
Good communication skills are required with a cooperative attitude, teaching skills and abilities. Must be able to clearly communicate by computer, text, on the phone, or in person.
The applicant must have intermediate level PC knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Some travel required to branches and customer sites.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company