CRE Transaction Manager/Underwriter
Greenworks Lending Bethesda, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Greenworks Lending is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nuveen, one of the world’s leading Asset Managers. We finance clean energy retrofits and clean new construction on commercial building through an innovative program called C-PACE (Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy). C-PACE is a public-private financing mechanism through which private lenders provide low-cost, long-term funding for energy efficiency, renewable energy and water conservation projects in commercial properties. C-PACE financing is repaid as an assessment on the property’s regular tax bill and processed the same way as other local public benefit assessments have been for decades. C-PACE is gaining traction among real estate owners and developers who are incorporating this specialty financing into their capital stacks.
Greenworks Lending is the nation’s leading C-PACE provider, currently active in 23 states and the District of Columbia. We have offices in Darien, CT (HQ), New York, NY, Washington, DC, and San Francisco, CA.
The Transaction Manager plays a critical role in all aspects of project development, including the support of loan origination, transaction management, and underwriting. The Transaction Manager supports Greenworks Lending as it advances complex commercial projects through to completion.
The Transaction Manager will benefit from rapid on-the-job learning, unparalleled strategic input, access to company executives and tremendous growth potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a diverse pipeline of C-PACE projects of various complexity.
- Communicating internally with originations, credit, legal, and asset management teams and externally with clients and partners to keep the deal team on track for key milestones and closing.
- Working with mortgage holders (where applicable) to gain consent for C-PACE financing
- Supporting relationships with commercial clean energy contractors, building owners, and other industry stakeholders.
- Preparing for client meetings, including development of background material and presentations.
- Increasing market awareness of Greenworks Lending
- Going above and beyond to ensure a positive customer experience, creatively solving challenging problems, and enthusiastically supporting Greenworks’ mission to be the Lender of Choice for our clients and partners.
- Preparing term sheets for early-stage deals and assisting with presentation materials when needed.
- Leveraging third-party market research, such as CoStar, to support underwriting assumptions.
- Identifying transaction risks and tracking exceptions to Greenworks’ underwriting criteria.
- Interfacing with Greenworks’ credit team to troubleshoot deals and obtain credit approval.
- Completing loan files accurately and thoroughly
The Manager role is suited for an early career (2-6 years experience) professional with experience/fluency in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) finance. Top candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in a continuous learning environment
- Ability to self-manage a large volume of tasks and ability respond to changes in priority
- Ability to engage positively with both external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills (phone and in-person) and written and verbal communication skills
- High level of adaptability to a quickly changing environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated program/project management skills in team settings
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and/or clean energy deployment
While CRE underwriting experience is not required, an Academic or professional background in commercial real estate economics or finance is desired.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and bonus potential based on exceeding revenue goals
- Social activities and a work life balance philosophy
- Paid time off, health insurance (medical, dental and vision), FSA, HSA, employer matched 401K, employer funded retirement, commuter benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for motivated individuals that want to grow with a rapidly expanding organization and further their career path.
Greenworks Lending is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Greenworks Lending