The purpose of this classification is to perform advanced professional accounting work in the assembly, recording, analysis and summarization of information necessary in the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Researches and reconciles general ledger accounts to sub-ledgers and financial reports. Analyzes and interprets accounting transactions, resolves accounting issues and discrepancies, and performs general ledger maintenance.
- Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events. Verifies documents for completeness and compliance with GAAP and governmental regulations.
- Develops financial reports for all levels of management in order to facilitate financial analysis, budget, and forecasting decisions.
- Compiles financial schedules and reports for monthly statements and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Ensure internal accounting processes and procedures are adhered to, and coordinate with the Controller to establish/update procedure documentation as needed.
- Prepares audit work papers on various accounts.
- Reviews bank reconciliations.
- Assist in gathering information for annual budget preparation.
- Performs other routine to advanced accounting work, including but not limited to reconciling accounts; posting expenses and purchases; coding invoices for payment; preparing journal entries; processing, maintaining, reporting and/or reviewing data related to investments, expenditures, bonds, interest, collections summaries, insurance, donated capital, extensions, and various other reports, statements and work papers.
- Maintains fixed asset inventory; assists in conducting annual physical inventory; reconciles physical inventory to perpetual inventory; prepares journal entries for year-end adjustments.
- Reviews records related to bad checks, refunds, etc.
- Provides assistance to lower-level accounting staff as necessary.
- Performs general office work as required, including but not limited to typing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, attending meetings, entering computer data, etc.
- Receives, reviews, prepares and/or submits payroll reports, inventory records and reports, general ledger, requisitions, insurance documents, statements, claims, balance sheets, agreements, schedules, registers, deposits, variance analyses, annual reports, memos, correspondence, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other department heads and employees, auditors, vendors, bank personnel, and the general public.
A Bachelor's Degree in accounting or other relevant field, supplemented by four (4) years of professional accounting experience, is required; or possession of any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Greenville Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Greenville Water will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Greenville WaterGreenville, SC
Finance and InsuranceView All Greenville Water Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.