- Requirements gathering.
- Guiding internal customers through the project life cycle.
- Supporting go-live and post-implementation support.
- Manage project timelines, resources, quality and risk.
- Budget analysis, project staffing, status reporting, change requests, and other basic project administration activities.
- Monitors and audits project or program milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule and identifies ways to resolve schedule issues, provides required project status reporting.
- Provide required project status reporting, assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- A strong blend of Project Management business analysis and technical experience and the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as skills to facilitate communication, team focus, influence, service oriented, problem solving, analytic thinking, planning, personal development and decisiveness.
- Experience with Agile and other structured methodologies (i.e., Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative, RUP, or PMI).
- Experience with Project Management tools, including MS Project, JIRA, Crucible, Fish-eye, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated ability to enlist support across functional teams within a matrix organization to obtain results.
- Experience with NC FAST development projects (preferred).
Greensboro Staffing Consultants