GPI is seeking an experienced technician with a strong background in engineering and surveying to help further the growth and development of the GPI’s highway design capacity in West Virginia and the region. Opportunities for advancement are available. Experience with West Virginia state, county, and municipal clients is advantageous. InRoads and/or OpenRoads experience a plus.
- Obtain survey data using UAS Aerial Drones, Robotic Total Stations, Terrestrial LiDAR scanners, Digital Levels, photography and other data collection tools and software.
- Perform infrastructure design such as:
- horizontal and vertical alignment of roadways
- intersection and safety improvements.
- guardrail and other roadside safety hardware
- erosion and sediment control and stormwater management practices.
- drainage systems.
- pedestrian and bicycle facilities
- maintenance of temporary traffic controls
- Coordinate right-of-way impacts and utility relocations with owners
- Prepare cost estimates, specifications and submittal documents
- Assist Project Manager with plan production and reports
- Complete tasks within assigned schedule and budget
- Work in Microsoft and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D to produce deliverables
- Participate in inter-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of engineering and surveying principles and practices
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal design guidance and standards
- Knowledge of safety standards, policies, and procedures
- Skilled in basic mathematics: algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Skilled in reading and interpreting construction plans and details, technical drawings, construction specifications, and other engineering documents
- Skilled in obtaining survey data, such as angles, elevations, points, and contours, using land surveying instruments
- Skilled in designing roadways and related activities
- Ability to use and maintain survey instruments and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively
Qualified Candidates must be able to:
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver’s license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration.
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English Language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills:
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
- Possess the ability to stand on your feel for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with variation of elevation 12" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Be able to wear and work using GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vests, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
- Be able to lift and or carry a weight of 30-50 lbs.
We attribute our long-lasting relationships with our clients to the talented, responsive, service-oriented professionals employed throughout the GPI organization. It is our people that set us apart from other consultants and is what truly makes this company unique.
Our values of teamwork, quality and commitment are the key elements for our growth and continued success.
GPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.