Construction Inspector - Harford County, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc., an ENR Top 100 firm, has immediate openings for highway and bridge construction inspectors to work on bridge projects in Harford County, Maryland.
The candidate should be motivated and have the ability to work independently and/or with a GPI/County Project Team. Candidates should also be available to work the contractor’s hours of operation, up to and including day or night shift and weekends, as necessary for Project completion. GPI offers a competitive compensation package, with pay based on the successful candidate’s experience level.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Perform daily field inspections and observations of contractor’s work for heavy highway and/or bridge construction projects, including earthwork, subgrade, asphalt, concrete, reinforcing steel, structural steel, MOT, safety devices, and utilities.
- Ability to measure, compute, record, and maintain contract quantities for contractor payment.
- Ability to read and interpret Project plans, specifications, and standards.
- Perform and/or observe material sampling and testing in accordance with Project standards and specifications.
- Ensure contractor’s work/materials meet standards and specifications.
- Ability to properly document daily Project progress, including work performed, conformance/nonconformance with plans/specifications, manpower, equipment, contract quantities, and extra work.
- Entering and recording project progress, materials, payments, and documentation in Word/Excel or other electronic software programs.
- Identifying and communicating project issues to project managers and the contractor.
- Ability to identify, assess, and communicate unsafe conditions with the contractor.
- MDOT SHA/MDTA or other DOT Construction inspection experience preferred.
- Certifications in relevant fields or ability to obtain certification, including MDOT SHA Yellow Card, and MARTCP testing
- NICET certification is considered a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and basic computer skills.
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use on or around a job site
- Read, write, and understand plans and directions given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to climb and leave a ladder to a platform varying from 6' to 20'
- Able to wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus, and work at a height 6' or higher
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, and/or safety glasses/goggles while working
- Able to move equipment or inspection specimens weighing up to 50 pounds
AddressHarford County, MD
ConstructionView all jobs at Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?