Data Analyst (Temp to Perm)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Temp to Perm (6 months)
While contracting will be remote. Once hired, after 6 months, will work in Germantown.
Preferred – High GPA 3.2 or above.
Please limit the experience to 5 years max.
Data Analyst to be based in Germantown, Maryland. The primary focus of this position is to apply traditional data mining, Machine Learning (ML), and Deep Learning (DL) techniques to structured/unstructured data to provide descriptive/predictive analyses that will guide business decisions and prioritize enhancements to products and services.
This position will involve work across multiple domains of the domestic/international managed-services business, including sales and marketing, product manufacturing, billing, product/service management, customer support, support visits, customer experience management, among others.
- Compile and clarify requirements from stakeholders for data mining projects
- Partner with IT, engineering, manufacturing, and other business operations groups to collect data from multiple sources within the company and public domains (e.g., weather data) for use in data analysis projects
- As required, collaborate with IT to build new or enhance existing automated processes for data collection and data recording to expand and sharpen the vision of data analysis, with the goal of near‐real-time feedback
- Perform data integrity reviews and data cleansing
- Build models with data mining and ML/DL techniques for descriptive and predictive analyses
- Communicate analysis stories and recommend improvements to stakeholders using dashboards, automated reports, and presentation skills
- Continually develop data presentation skills with the latest data visualization techniques and technologies
- Evaluate new technologies and implement new approaches to develop the best solutions and self-service analytics capabilities
- Provide customer survey development, survey management, and customer feedback analysis and reporting.
- MS in Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in Data Science and Business Analytics
- 3-4 years of intermediate skill in SQL (e.g., joins, union, minus, various types of subqueries, analytical queries, group by, where/having clause, list aggregation, query execution plan understanding) for an RDBMS platform (Oracle, SQL Server, BigQuery, etc.)
- 3-4 years of intermediate skill in a data visualization tool, such as Tableau (preferred), MicroStrategy, or others (e.g., for Tableau: SQL custom queries, data blending, table calculation, level of detail calculation, set, group, dashboard actions, various filters, order of operation, dual-axis chart, Pareto chart, cumulative chart, rolling chart, map, and more)
- 2-3 years of intermediate skill in Python (preferred) or R with data science toolkits (e.g., for Python: pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, GeoPandas, Shapely, Scikit-learn, etc.)
- Working experience with application development in a cloud environment (e.g., Google Cloud, AWS)
- Working experience with cloud-based ML or DL tools (e.g., Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- A firm, fundamental statistics background and understanding (e.g., central tendency, variation, correlation, regression, sampling, hypothesis testing, confidence interval, margin of error)
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently as needed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Greenlight Professional ServicesWhy Work Here?
Why work at this Company? This is a great company that is honest, and loyal to their employees. We have room for growth and great benefits.