Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Sr. Project Manager, Corporate Engineering
In this role, you will provide technical and engineering leadership, and manage the on site execution of key projects. Projects will be aimed at retrofitting factories, expanding them or constructing new factories within the Greenleaf Foods SPC capital plan including equipment and utilities installations. This person will be required to travel up to 40% to existing US facilities and potentially Europe for equipment research and deployment.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Provide assistance in project execution planning for major projects.
- Manage and supervise the execution of assigned projects > $2 million to budget, timeline and performance targets.
- Develop and approve consultant and contractor timelines and budgets.
- Monitor and report on the execution of the assigned projects, taking action to coordinate activities and maintain budgets and timelines
- Identify all issues critical to budget, timeline and performance and ensure proper coordination to address in a timely manner
- Ensure the application of appropriate procedures and codes on the construction sites
- Ensure the appropriate safety regulations are in effect and practiced and adhered to by all.
- Assure both "food safety" and "health and safety" in all aspects of plant operations, construction activities and operational changes.
- Provide operational due diligence to mergers, acquisitions and divestments.
- Ensure the application of all legislative requirements and the appropriate company policies in all areas of capital project execution and technical service.
- Develop a detailed awareness of the technology, utility services and construction activities of the major projects assigned.
- Maintain an awareness of the technical developments in the project execution and construction practices in food plant industry.
- Participate in the CE development of best standard practices in capital project execution. Utilize Six Sigma methodology.
- Support Greenleaf’s parent company Maple Leaf Foods
- Provide input to energy reduction, plant maintenance development and environmental services and the capital investments to address issues or opportunities
- Participate in the development of large Capital projects (>$2 million); business case, QFD, scope, capital budget.
- Other projects as assigned
- Establish an appropriate technical resource structure
- Provide leadership and direction to plants in the execution of capital projects as required.
- Establish appropriate relationships with engineering consultants and contractors.
- Ensure timely communication on project reporting with Corporate Vice President of Engineering and Construction and internal clients
- Develop communications with IOCs and plants to maintain awareness of technical support needs and performance.
- Provide input on strategic capital executional needs to IOC business plans.
- Lead post project reviews for > $2 million capital projects execution, including summary report
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Engineering degree (Preferably Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical)
- Professional Engineering Association Membership (P.E.) preferred.
- 10-15+ years major capital project management experience in new plant construction, plant retrofitting, plant equipment installation plant scale back and plant closures.
- Knowledge of food industry GMPs, food safety development and health & safety requirements. Preference would be in the Agrifoods industry.
- Proven experience and performance in the management of major capital projects (> $10 million) execution and successful management of consultants and contractors.
- Successful track record of managing an engineering resource group providing technical support to manufacturing operations and capital project execution.
- Knowledge of construction site practices and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of contract development and execution
- Knowledge if WSIB/WCB and insurance requirements and their management on construction sites
- Capability to provide technical leadership to business and operations.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills at all levels.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance for food manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of health & safety performance for food manufacturing operations.