Manager, Marketing (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Department: Marketing/Communications
- Type: Full-time Exempt
- Hours: 40 hours/week, 9-5:30 CT
- Location: Remote (Chicagoland preferred)
Greenheart International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to connecting people and planet to create a more peaceful and sustainable global community. We achieve our goals through a unique set of programs and initiatives fostering cultural exchange, eco-fair trade, volunteerism, personal development and environmentalism. Greenheart encompasses three main branches: Greenheart Exchange, Greenheart Travel, and Greenheart Shop.
The Marketing Communications Department touches every branch of Greenheart. We create strategies, messages, and materials for each of our cultural exchange programs and for our fair-trade retail and wholesale businesses. Our efforts center on growing awareness of --and engagement-- with Greenheart, communicating relevant information to our stakeholders so that they have the best experience, acquiring increased qualified leads and improving sales conversions, advocating for cultural exchange programs, and staying involved in travel/exchange related news worldwide. We strive to build strong relationships with our partners, host organizations, host schools, host families, alumni, Department of State/Alliance stakeholders, retail/wholesale customers, and donors for retention and referrals.
Greenheart International is a small organization with a lot of inspiration and ideas. The Marketing Manager gets the opportunity to build your skillset in marketing, public relations, and advocacy. In addition, you’ll be working with a team dedicated to cultural understanding, environmentalism, volunteerism, and fair trade.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate has some experience in marketing and knows their way around data collection, analyses, and insight reporting. This person needs to have the curiosity and resourcefulness to dig into the data side of marketing to improve the content we develop, our marketing campaigns, and ultimately, to help grow our business.
Some things you might do as a Marketing Manager:
The Manager, Marketing will work closely with the Marketing Director to develop, implement, and measure strategic marketing plans for Greenheart with a goal of attracting new host organizations, host schools, partners, and participants—and retaining existing ones by:
- Collecting the right data to analyze why some marketing campaigns work and some don’t, making recommendations based on analysis of the data, and assisting the Marketing Director in explaining why marketing decisions are best from various financial / objectives standpoints
- Helping to develop, regularly complete, monitor, and communicate results dashboards for all marketing communications campaigns on an ongoing basis:
- Defining/tagging, analyzing, and interpreting key marketing metrics
- Tracking trends and maximizing efficacy with actionable insights
- Making recommendations to Marketing Director to adjust campaigns as needed
- Working with our Google Adwords consultant to leverage and improve our Google Grants
- Working with Marketing Director to improve SEO, landing pages, and effective traffic to site
- Tracking marketing data in Salesforce for more effective & efficient marketing campaigns
- Drafting emails, nurturing email lists, improving workflow automations / landing pages (in Shopify, Faire, and Get Response email platforms and as available in Salesforce)
- Create reports with commentary on how email campaigns are performing, how to maximize their performance and help implement changes based on this analysis
- Tracking and forecasting marketing trends, hashtags, and keyword opportunities for content development
- Assisting in competitive analyses
- Monitoring inventory of promotional materials and assisting in creating/ordering and distribution as needed
- Work closely with the Communications Department for synergies and to ensure our needs are met
Some qualifications you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing, Data/Analytics
- 3+ years of marketing experience required
- Experience with Google AdWords/Grants, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SEO/SEM best practices, WordPress, Shopify, Salesforce, and HTML proficiency preferred
- Strong analytical skills: proficient in interpreting data to track and improve success
- Experience with email marketing, list maintenance, and workflow automation is a plus
- Highly proactive, curious, resourceful, and willing to learn
- High proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Sound like the perfect fit? Tell us WHY by clicking “Apply Now.” A cover letter is required for your application to be considered.
Due to the number of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.
Get fresh Remote Product Marketing Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.