Greenheart Exchange Farmington, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
- $2,200 to $22,000 Yearly (plus commission)
YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!
Greenheart is a 501c3 Non-Profit that connects people and planet through environmentalism, fair trade, social transformation and cross cultural understanding. At the heart of our organization are Local Coordinators! Local Coordinators (LCs) match foreign exchange high school students with volunteer American host families and assist them throughout the school year. If you’d like to learn more about being a Local Coordinator with Greenheart, apply to this posting and we’ll give you a call to answer your questions and discuss next steps to complete an application.
Become a Local Coordinator today!
Local Coordinators are Independent Contractors who place foreign exchange students with volunteer American host families and assist them throughout the year.
What Greenheart Has to Offer:
- Supportive Team Environment!! (We're people people!)
- Initial and Ongoing Training
- Travel Incentives! (International Conferences - recent conferences were in Greece, Spain, and Argentina!)
- Generous Monitoring and Placement $tipends
What Greenheart is Looking for in YOU
Successful LCs are:
- Social Media Savvy
- Great at Networking
- Experienced in Mentoring Youth (a PLUS)
- Passionate about other cultures
- Have a desire to make a difference in their community/world, one student/host family at a time
- Partner with local schools to ensure exchange student placements are accepted (must be accredited school)
- Find local families interested in hosting exchange students
- Assist families with the approval process (prior to student arrival)
- Host Pre-arrival Orientations with host families
- Host Student Orientations with students
- Coordinate Volunteer Activities
- Monitor Students throughout the school year (contact via phone/email/in-person)
- LCs have the opportunity for domestic and international travel to annual conferences
- Be a Mentor/Friend to some of the greatest kids you'll ever meet
- Home/Office - Internet Access
- Must Pass a Background Check
- Must Pass DOS Test (Greenheart provides support/training)
- Must be OVER 26 years of age
- Must live in the United States
Learn more by visiting our website and completing an LC Inquiry Form: https://greenheartexchange.org/partner/become-a-local-coordinator/
Greenheart ExchangeWhy Work Here?
Help us create global leaders and promote cultural understanding!
Established in 1985, Greenheart Exchange, is a non-profit international education exchange organization dedicated to the promotion of cultural understanding, academic development, environmental consciousness and world peace. Based in Chicago, Illinois, Greenheart organizes high school exchange, short-term group homestay, intern and trainee, work & travel in the U.S. and study, teach, volunteer, and language programs in over 30 countries around the world. In 2004, CCI adopted Greenheart as its environmental and social initiative. Greenheart connects people and planet through environmentalism, fair trade, social transformation and cross cultural understanding. Greenheart has been endorsed by the Mayor of Chicago and the City Council for the promotion of international education, environmental awareness and citizen diplomacy.
742 N. LaSalle Dr. Suite 300Farmington, ME
BusinessView all jobs at Greenheart Exchange