Extroverted. Passionate. Self-starter. These are just some of the qualities that our best Local Coordinators possess. These curious and motivated individuals have the rewarding job of finding families in their community who are interested in hosting a foreign exchange student. Local Coordinators also monitor and supervise exchange students and help them adjust to their new life in America.
Local Coordinator Responsibilities
- Actively seek volunteer host families in their community
- Provide guidance and support to foreign exchange students
- Build relationships with local high schools
- Represent Greenheart Exchange and other Greenheart programs in a professional manner
- Provide information to American students wishing to study and travel abroad through Greenheart Travel
Local Coordinator Basics
- Independent contractor role (eligible to earn a stipend)
- Part-time, work from home
- Must be at least 26 years old
- Ability to attend professional development and training workshops
- Opportunity for domestic and international travel to annual conferences
Why Work Here?Established in 1985, Greenheart Exchange, is a non-profit international education exchange organization dedicated to the promotion of cultural understanding,academic development,environmental consciousness and world peace. Based in Chicago, Illinois, Greenheart organizes high school exchange, short-term group homestay, intern and trainee, work & travel in the U.S. and study, teach, volunteer, and language programs in over 30 countries around the world. In 2004, CCI adopted Greenheart as its environmental and social initiative. Greenheart connects people and planet through environmentalism, fair trade, social transformation and cross cultural understanding. Greenheart has been endorsed by the Mayor of Chicago and the City Council for the promotion of international education, environmental awareness and citizen diplomacy.
Strong support system, flexible hours, dedicated team members in the field and home office for support. Excellent travel opportunities.