Local Coordinator for Student Exchange Program
Greenheart Exchange Honolulu, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $3,300 to $30,000 Yearly (plus commission)
By becoming a Greenheart Exchange Local Coordinator, you have the opportunity to change the world by bringing cultural exchange to your community. Local Coordinators are independent contractors who find American host families and match them to international high school exchange students from over 60 different countries. You would not be limited to just a few students assigned to you and your team, you will have full access to all unplaced students.
Our Most Successful Local Coordinators:
- Have curiosity about other cultures
- Connect with their community and are willing to reach out
- Have good problem solving skills
- Are self-directed and self-motivated
- Does “Extroverted – Passionate – Self Starter” describe you?
- Willingness to engage people in conversations and ask them to become volunteer host families
- Professionally represent Greenheart Exchange in your community
- Find host families, maintain relationships with schools, and raise awareness about student exchange
- Facilitate a host family orientation before the student's arrival
- Monthly contact with the host family and student
- Perform in-person meetings with the student during the year
- Check out this video on becoming a Local Coordinator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JVZt2PPT4M
- $1,100 - $1,600 per placement for a 10 month student, $900 for a 5 month student
- Opportunity to earn award travel to attend the Annual Greenheart Exchange Incentive Conference (all expenses paid). Past destinations have included Barcelona, Rome, Munich, Budapest, Athens, and Miami.
- Additional Incentives such as trips, electronics or extra monetary compensation may be offered throughout the year
- Note: This is not an hourly paid job. You are an independent contractor, and are paid once the work is completed.
What Greenheart Offers Local Coordinators:
- $0 fees or cost to become a Local Coordinator
- Free marketing and promotional materials
- Comprehensive online training sessions on how to be successful
- Access to complete student database with downloadable forms and student bios
- Supervisory support from a full time Regional Director and 24 hour Emergency Services Hotline
- Ability to grow as a leader by developing a team
Respond today to find out if this opportunity is right for you. Or begin now by submitting an application at www.placewithgreenheart.org
Greenheart ExchangeWhy Work Here?
Help us create global leaders and promote cultural understanding!
Established in 1985, Greenheart Exchange, is a non-profit international education exchange organization dedicated to the promotion of cultural understanding, academic development, environmental consciousness and world peace. Based in Chicago, Illinois, Greenheart organizes high school exchange, short-term group homestay, intern and trainee, work & travel in the U.S. and study, teach, volunteer, and language programs in over 30 countries around the world. In 2004, CCI adopted Greenheart as its environmental and social initiative. Greenheart connects people and planet through environmentalism, fair trade, social transformation and cross cultural understanding. Greenheart has been endorsed by the Mayor of Chicago and the City Council for the promotion of international education, environmental awareness and citizen diplomacy.
BusinessView all jobs at Greenheart Exchange