Local Coordinator, High School International Exchange Program
Greenheart Exchange is seeking responsible adults throughout the islands to change the world by bringing cultural exchange to your community!
Local Coordinators come from all walks of life (but must be 26 years of age or older). Many are teachers, nurses, retirees, or stay-at-home parents. The most successful have a background in sales/marketing, community organizing, and education, combined with personal experience living, studying, or travelling abroad. What all Local Coordinators have in common is a love for working with people from different cultures and a desire to work flexible, part-time hours from home as an independent contractor. Local Coordinators must live locally (within 120 miles of the host family) so no out of country applications need apply.
Local Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Recruiting volunteer families interested in hosting an exchange student. (Host families are volunteers and cannot be compensated for hosting per US Department of State regulations.)
- Matching host families with international students.
- Working with the high schools in your community to accept and enroll exchange students for the academic year or semester.
- Providing orientations for the host family and students and monitoring the student throughout their program.
- Acting as a support person and counselor for families and international students.
- Promoting other Greenheart programs, including recruiting outbound US students and individuals interested in short-term international travel and volunteer abroad programs.
Greenheart will provide the training necessary to place and monitor exchange students with qualified host families. You will also work closely with your Regional Director on each placement.
Greenheart pays a generous stipend for each student you place and monitor. The payment for the 10-month academic year is $1,100.00 per student; the 5-month academic semester is $900.00 per student.
For more information about Greenheart Exchange, please visit our website at www.greenheartexchange.org. To begin the Local Coordinator application process, please submit an inquiry at https://www.cci-exchange.com/host-families/work-with-exchange-students/apply/
Please note: Application screening will continue through May. Applicants must complete the online application in order to be considered (uploading resume; providing 3 references; and answering screening questions). A background check and reference check will be required for qualified applicants.
Greenheart Exchange is designated by the United States Department of State as a J-1 Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor for the Secondary School and Summer Work/Travel programs. Greenheart Exchange is currently granted full listing by the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET). We are also a member of the World Youth Student and Educational Travel Confederation (WYSTC), NAFSA: Association of International Educators, GWEA: Global Work Experience Association, and The Alliance for International Educational and Cultural Exchange.