Local Coordinators (LC) recruit, screen and manage relationships with host families in the area. Once the students arrive, the LC becomes the first line of contact for our students. The Local Coordinator encourages and supports students, families and the school in order to foster a successful exchange experience for all program participants.
The Role of a Local Coordinator
- Recruiting and screening interested host families
- Helping international students adjust to a new culture
- Submitting monthly reports about student progress
- Working with the host family and student to resolve any issues that may arise
- Forming meaningful relationships with students from around the world!
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a sincere interest in cultural exchange
- Likes working with teenagers
- Is well-connected to families in the school community
- Is tech savvy - can use email, a scanner, etc
Compensation: Local Coordinators are paid per student placement and for monthly supervision. For students enrolled in our yearlong program, Local Coordinators are paid $1,100 per student.