Frontier Management is seeking an outstanding Environmental Services Assistant to join the Greenhaven Estates community located in Sacramento, CA
At Frontier Management, we strive to bring new and innovative programs and services to our residents. We challenge our teams to elevate every aspect of Senior Living and highlight what we call "Frontier Culture." Success in doing so has positively impacted our growth, allowing Frontier to reach new heights. We are proud to be ranked #20 among the nation's Top 50 Largest U.S. Seniors Housing Operators by American Seniors Housing Association.
The Environmental Services Assistant is responsible to support and assist the Environmental Services Director (ESD) with the general maintenance of the community including all common areas, resident apartments, grounds, equipment and mechanical systems, and for driving the community van. Requires the ability to lead by example and make certain that the progress and services provided by yourself, maximize each resident’s quality of life, identity, interests, abilities, and preferences. Important to have the ability to personally get to know the residents by communicating with other team members and through direct conversation with residents.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Must exhibit proficiency in and routinely perform a wide variety of building maintenance and mechanical work including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, interior and exterior painting, masonry, drywall repair, small appliance and minor equipment repair and troubleshooting
· Promptly respond to resident apartment maintenance or repairs
· Inspect and prepare all apartments for rent ready status as per company policy before new residents move into the community.
· Solicit appropriate plant maintenance estimates or bids when necessary, and to present to community Executive Director and/or ESD.
· Perform all required painting of apartments, general maintenance, ground maintenance and other general duties as required to safely and properly operate the community.
· Perform the appropriate floor covering cleaning (i.e. shampooing, buffing, stripping, waxing, etc.).
· Establish, follow and document complete, routine and Preventive Maintenance Plan for plant, equipment, fixtures, and furnishings.
· Ensure all company, state, local or federal health, safety, health, building, fire and insurance codes or requirements are met or exceeded at all times.
· Assist the ESD with maintaining an effective inventory and loss control program for the supplies, parts, tools, and equipment of the maintenance department.
· Ensure efficient and effective use of all maintenance department and community resources; human resources; outside vendors and monetary resources within established budgetary guidelines, equipment, and supplies.
· As directed by ESD, participate in community and resident programs to include, but not limited to: Safety Committee and Infection Control Committee and, new resident orientation program.
· As directed and instructed by ESD, safely and efficiently provide transportation for the residents when necessary. Transportation may be required for resident activities, appointments, events, and emergencies.
· Maintaining Resident Rights to the best of your ability.
· Perform other duties that may be set by the company or specified by the ESD and/or Executive Director; completing all assigned duties which may change from time to time according to resident needs, staffing levels, and working circumstances
· Participate in all required training, orientation, meetings, and programs offered by employer
· Present a professional demeanor that communicates to current and prospective residents the corporate philosophy of service, goodwill and genuine interest in the resident’s unique needs.
· Must be able to relate to the elderly in a positive manner.
· Must be a skilled maintenance person for general maintenance duties.
· Must be clean, tidy and appropriately dressed.
· Must use caution in performing duties and maintain safe working practices.
Frontier Management offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a work environment that encourages initiative and fosters respect. To discover more about the Frontier Management team, please visit our site at www.frontiermgmt.com
For consideration, email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations. Additionally, all applicants must complete the online employment application and subsequent questionnaire at https://frontiermgmt.com/careers.asp
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug-Free Workplace
Why Work Here?
Great Assisted Living community in the Pocket area of Sacramento