Greenfield Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an RN Staff Development Coordinator to join our team.
The position of RN Staff Development Coordinator provides development of resident, staff, and family education and leadership and acts as a resource to the nursing staff to assure that care standards are met and the highest degree of quality resident care is provided at all times. The position must function as both a team member, team leader, and supervisor to ensure that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered, supporting team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. While focusing on program development and delivering quality care, the position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend any mandatory meetings as required by your center.
- Coordinate/conduct Nurse Aide training classes and testing and maintain all required documentation.
- Develop materials, manuals, and teaching aides and conduct inservice and education programs for Nursing and other staff.
- Maintain accurate attendance records of inservices and individual participation
- Ensure state mandated inservicing for all employees is completed yearly.
- Ensure state mandated training hours are available for all STNA's
- Participate in QA meetings to ensure staff training in identified areas of weakness.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective orientation program.
- Assist with orienting Nurses and STNA's to specific job requirements.
- Creates and maintains an annual inservice schedule.
- Consult with center staff to identify training needs.
- Develop and maintain resource library.
- Conduct/coordinate skills testing.
- Direct the team functions of the nursing activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the financial aspects of nursing operations and provide accurate documentation of all services in order to assure accurate reimbursement from all payor sources.
- Manage the resources available in the role of staff development coordinator while ensuring that needed resources are available and that quality care is delivered to all residents.
- Provide professional restorative nursing care to residents.
- Participate in the development of a written restorative care plan and assessment for each resident; review and revise as appropriate.
- Ensure that a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for residents is maintained at all times and assure that resident needs are met.
- Maintain resident documentation, records, and charts to ensure an accurate, up to date record of the resident’s medical treatments.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a current license as a RN in the state where the center is located.
- Prior work/life experiences, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Maintain "Train The Trainer" certificate for STNA training
- Prior experience in staff development in long term care desirable.
- Prior supervisory experience, preferably in a long-term care center.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.
Greenfield Healthcare Center