Greene County Public Library Fairborn, OH
- Expired: April 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Fairborn Head Librarian
Starting Rate: $33.25 per hour
Location / Department: Fairborn Community Library
Reports to: Deputy Director
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week (schedule includes daytime, evening and weekend hours)
To promote the mission and values of the Greene County Public Library. To carry out objectives and goals of the strategic plan to better serve the community. To manage all aspects of the operation and is responsible for overall quality of library service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Develops goals, plans, programs, services and procedures for a community library.
* Manages, supervises and participates in all daily service and support operations within a community library.
* Develops program and budget plan for community library or department for Director's consideration; is responsible for facilitating the approved plan.
* Develops awareness of community needs; partners with local governments, civic groups, and schools.
* Serves as a representative with Friends of the Library, local government officials, civic groups, and other community groups.
* Analyzes demographic information and serves as an advocate for librarys role in the community.
* Serves on system-wide committees and collaborative projects.
* Develops and maintains a materials collection which meets community needs.
* Ensures that building, security, equipment, and grounds of the library are properly maintained.
* Prepares reports and statistics for the community library.
* Conducts special studies, surveys and projects as assigned.
* Interviews, selects and trains new employees; trains and makes assignments to subordinates; assists in the evaluation of their performance; and counsels them on the solution of new or difficult problems.
* Conducts staff meetings to transmit information about policies and procedures, solves departmental problems, and solicits staff input.
* Responsible for modeling and promoting organizational values within the library.
* Keeps abreast of current developments in the field through attendance and participation in conferences and workshops and through programs of continuing education, professional reading, and participation in professional groups.
* Attends conferences, workshops, seminars, and training to maintain knowledge as reflected in training curriculum.
* Keeps abreast of information by regularly reading email, minutes and staff website as well as attending staff meetings.
Keeps supervisor informed of departmental needs and concerns.
* Performs related lower level work as required.
The supervisor may require other related duties. These duties are nonessential functions of this position.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Ability to maintain good relations with the public and other staff, individually and in general, shows tact and courtesy.
* Working knowledge of library computer systems and applications including circulation
software, Internet, on-line databases, office software, and e-mail.
* Ability to communicate clearly; listens, understand, speak, and write effectively.
* Ability to work and solve problems independently.
* Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited school required.
* Thorough knowledge of professional library science and administration as evidenced in years of service, proven ability to develop work programs, and plan and supervise the work of others.
* 3-5 years of progressive Library experience required.
* 3 years of Library supervisory experience preferred
* Work is performed in an office-like setting, but with need for considerable mobility: light lifting, bending, stooping, stretching and sitting at a variety of desks and service points.
* Employee may be scheduled to work evening and weekend hours, including Sundays; schedules may be altered depending on the needs of the library.
* The library pays an amount equal to 14% of each employees salary into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System [ the employee pays 10% to OPERS
* The library contributes a percentage of the employees salary for Medicare
* Vacation (20 days per year)
* Sick leave (12 days credit per year)
* Personal leave (3 days credit per year)
* Holidays, including birthday (10 days possible per year, depending on scheduling)
* Merit time off, if warranted
* Bereavement time, if needed
* Employee Assistance Program for employee and eligible family members
* Voluntary participation in the Ohio Deferred Compensation [ Plan
* Eligibility for Tuition Reimbursement program after one full year of employment (between $2000 and $2800 per year depending on the subject being studied)
* Group health insurance: The library pays 80%, employee pays 20% of the premium for group health insurance, whether the employee needs individual, individual/spouse, individual/children, or family coverage
* Dental insurance: The library pays 100% of an individual premium, additional coverage for dependents is at employee expense
* Paid life insurance
Greene County Public Library
GovernmentView all jobs at Greene County Public Library