Regional Property Manager - Lynchburg/Roanoke, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Greenbrier Management Company is based in Williamsburg, Virginia. Founded in 1984 by corporate owners to manage their own properties, the company expanded to include third-party property management. In its 30 plus years of business, Greenbrier Management Company continues to successfully serve both residents and owners. We have the experience and dedication sought by property owners. We maintain above-market averages for our occupancy and lease rates. Our team consists of individuals with a drive for success. Our years of experience, excellent talent, and superior customer service make us a top performer in the property management industry.
Based in Williamsburg, VA and reporting to the President of Greenbrier, the Regional Property Manager will be critically competent as both a dynamic leader and an effective manager for Greenbrier’s property management team. The Regional Property Manager will be accountable for formulating business plans that align with the Client’s strategy related to property management, and will lead and direct the property management team in executing initiatives and strategies that enable properties to meet and exceed budgeted financial and operational goals.
Key responsibilities of the Regional Property Manager include but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct and lead assigned portfolio, strategically positioning us for best in class performance by maximizing cash flow and asset value.
- Ensure high occupancy through astute revenue management, optimum expense controls enhancing cash flow, maximized resident retention and customer satisfaction.
- Align the annual budgets with the business plans of each asset in the portfolio.
- Collaborate with peers on issues impacting Greenbrier performance and overall organizational contribution.
- Supports the growth and presence of the Company within the assigned markets by researching and developing new business opportunities, contacting and meeting with potential clients, preparing and presenting financial proposals, and overseeing the take-over and transition of new properties under management contracts.
- Market Greenbrier’s full menu of services to third party clients through to contract engagement and overall supervision of third party relations.
- Manages client retention and satisfaction by maintaining on-going communication, market updates, and financial analysis on the performance of the portfolios, acting quickly and with urgency to address client concerns, questions, or requests, and reviewing and acting on client satisfaction survey results.
- Work with the Controller, property accountants, and others to ensure the timely production and reconciliation of financial data provided to clients.
- Participates with the Company’s senior leaders in routine market review discussions to examine the overall operational, financial and client satisfaction results for the communities within the markets, present and justify business plans, make asset management recommendations, and review growth projections.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
For this unique opportunity, Greenbrier is seeking an experienced and strategic leader with at least 2 years of experience in multi-family asset and property management on a portfolio responsibility level, preferably with exposure to direct interaction with partnerships, investors, and lenders. He/she/they will be effective in diverse environments and diverse roles from leading to supporting and thus able to maximize the talent and interests of an experienced property management team.
Our successful candidate has a minimum of 7 years of overall experience in Property Management, preferably with third party clients. Their key role would include direct responsibility for the operations and management of a portfolio of market rate rental housing, with a small amount affordable housing. The successful candidate has had experience in managing the performance of subordinate staff with proven capacity to grow talent. The successful candidate will have an employment history that demonstrates progressively more responsibility and leadership, along with thorough knowledge and application of a sales, marketing, and customer service strategies to drive customer satisfaction, execute complex business plans, and achieve operational and financial performance targets in diverse markets. The individual selected will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to express thoughts and ideas regarding complex financial concepts in a meaningful way to individuals and groups with limited exposure to complex problem solving analysis.
The Key competencies that the successful candidate will possess include:
- Strong financial and operational background with a proven track record,
- Solid experience creating and managing a budget and producing consistent monthly, quarterly and yearly results,
- Ability to make fiscal decisions and the ability to increase the cash flow of individual sites as well as their entire portfolio,
- Facilitate strong working relationships with peers, and departments administering other business lines within the Greenbrier organization, and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong sense of teamwork in meeting organizational goals.
- A degree in Real Estate, Finance or related field required or commensurate experience in real estate and property management, preferably in a third-party environment. Industry designations such as CPM also helpful.
- 7+ years of related multi-family experience preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of real estate markets
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
- Creative thinking skills, with a track record of successful innovations
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Entrata preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide clear direction and balance competing priorities
- A “Make It Happen” attitude
The successful candidate will be deadline oriented, able to manage various stakeholder relationships and communicate effectively with all parties, multi-task and continually advance the long-term goals of the portfolio of assets.
Powered by JazzHR
Real EstateView all jobs at Greenbrier Management