We need a Senior Accountant to join or Finance/Accounting team for a start up in the Cannabis Industry working in Cultivation, Distribution and Manufacturing. We are a growing, fast paced, Company.
The Senior Accountant will report directly to the CFO and will be working with the CFO to create internal controls, processes, budgets forecasts, tax reporting and financial analysis.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the CFO’s attention
- Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate audits and assist CFO with conducting audits
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Must be able to work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years’ experience in general accounting
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with NAV a plus