Preconstruction Manager (Commercial Construction)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Greenberg Construction is a commercial General Contractor/Construction Manager located in Gilbert, AZ with a 50+ year history of building in Arizona, New Mexico, and California. The vast majority of our work is Design-Build, CM@R, and CM/GC (negotiated). Greenberg has a family feel giving everyone the opportunity to contribute their talents in building the best projects, clientele, and employees.
About the Position:
The Preconstruction Manager will report to the Director of Preconstruction and will support and work with preconstruction / business development staff throughout the entire preconstruction process including proposals, budgeting, estimating, scheduling, value analysis, design management, bid solicitation, bid analysis, subcontracts, and project set-up.
- Participate with and/or lead the design team with development of the floor plans, building composites, elevations, structural systems, site planning, civil design, and MPE systems.
- Provide constructability reviews and system value analysis through the design process.
- Ability to prepare conceptual budgets with accuracy and detail from minimal design input without reliance on subcontractors.
- Take responsibility for your assigned projects and see them through completion with minimal support.
- Ability to present your work to clients and facilitate conversation to align budgets/design to client’s goals as required.
- Team member that will do what it takes to exceed the client’s expectations.
- Accurately manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Prioritize tasks to achieve project schedules.
- Provide quality control of construction documents as design progresses.
- Update estimates at various stages of design and provide cost considerations for budget alignment as required.
- Develop accurate and comprehensive sub-trade bid scopes of work prior to bid solicitation.
- Identify existing or qualify new subcontractors for adequate bid coverage.
- Provide leadership and coordination for subcontractor solicitations and resolve all subcontractor questions or concerns.
- Ability to accurately analyze subcontractor quotes for completeness and compare costs and quantities to your take-offs.
- Negotiate and compose subcontractor contracts and purchase orders.
- Prepare project budget setup for accounting.
- Good industry contact relationships and the ability to assist in identifying and securing new relationships.
- Need advanced computer skills with MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, & Outlook).
- Prefer working knowledge of OnScreen Take-Off (OST).
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, and other BIM software is a plus.
- Minimum 15+ years of commercial general construction experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of Preconstruction / Estimating experience.
- BS degree in Construction Management or Engineering.
Current Highlighted Benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Eligibility after 90 days of employment with company matching 100% of employee contributions, up to 4% of annual salary.
- Group Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance: The company contributes up to $800 per month towards premiums, or $900 per month if you elect family medical coverage.
- PTO (Paid Time Off): Starting at 17 days per anniversary year.
- VPTO (Volunteering Paid Time Off): 1 day per year to volunteer for a non-profit community cause of your choice (ex. charity, school, church).
- Sabbatical Leave: Upon the completion of every 7th year of continuous employment, you qualify for a 4-week paid sabbatical in addition to your standard PTO.
ConstructionView all jobs at Greenberg Construction