GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is a fast-growing small business dedicated service provider to the Federal government. Our company is always looking for individuals that want to bring their positive attitude, technical aptitude, and exceptional ability to our fast-growing, data-focused organization. We strive to have great people from diverse backgrounds join us; not just because it makes us stronger, but its the right thing to do. If you have your own unique experiences, in-demand skills, and a desire to contribute in a meaningful way, we want you to apply!
We are seeking an Senior Data Scientist/Advanced Analytics Lead to help our Federal client in facilitating and maturing a Data Analytics program within the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO). This involves leading execution and ensuring that the strategy and vision of the Office of Chief Data Officer (OCDO) is delivered within the clients expectations.
- Leads advanced analytics team and manages overall initiation, planning, execution, and monitoring/controlling of multiple projects and facilitate closing/hand-off to operations and maintenance (O&M) where necessary.
- Provides project oversight and coordination to ensure all projects are prioritized in alignment with the clients expectations and business needs, and ensures resources are allocated appropriately.
- Becomes a trusted advisor for the client by building key relationships through excellent communication skills and provides valuable insight on advanced analytics best practices to stakeholders within the organization.
- Assesses current processes and implements recommendations to improve processes where gaps are identified within advanced analytics activities; formalizes and matures advanced analytics processes in alignment with industry and domain standard frameworks.
- Tracks the activities of advanced analytics consultants, analysts, engineers, specialists, and subcontractors to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Promotes an advanced analytics culture within the organization; works with program and project managers as well as project teams to ensure knowledge is shared, and advocates for team performance, development, and accomplishments.
- Develops and applies quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process and analyze large data sets for specified purposes.
- Conducts analyses and make data-driven recommendations that significantly affect the content, interpretation, and/or development of major programs and policies as needed.
- Develops polished and high-impact persuasive data outputs and presentations that enable strategic decision-making by senior leadership.
- Meets with vital agency leaders and sponsors, collaborating with other consultants and advising organizational personnel, regarding the development of innovative data science techniques.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
- Bachelors Degree in School of Business, Information Technology, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related technical or functional discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading data science or machine learning projects
- Experience delivering advanced analytics solutions (data science, machine learning, data modeling, etc.) including infrastructure considerations (e.g., data engineering processes)
- Experience incorporating project status updates into leadership level reports and findings as well as actionable advice for senior management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets to determine trends, establish key takeaways, and drive decisions.
- A deep understanding of data science and machine learning best practices, development processes, and leading platforms (Databricks, SAS, Anaconda, Alteryx, etc.) and technologies (Apache Spark, Spark SQL, Python, PySpark, Scala, etc.)
- Proactive mindset, reliable, and organized; can effectively manage ones own time among competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills with the ability to effectively communicate data and methodologies in plain language with business audiences; can facilitate change management at all levels
- Federal government consulting and/or contracting experience
- DHS clearance strongly preferred
- Experience maturing advanced analytics within an organization through a variety of approaches including standardized metrics, enterprise-wide automation efforts, and data education, training, and literacy initiatives strongly preferred
- 2+ years experience in machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), and/or natural language processing (NLP) preferred
- Experience with Databricks strongly preferred
- Experience working within an Agile and/or Scrum environment preferred; JIRA/Confluence experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or other relevant certifications nice-to-have
- Consulting experience at large consulting firm
Location: Camp Springs, Maryland (Due to COVID-19, on-site client work has been suspended until further notice)
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.
GreenZone Solutions, Inc.