- Expired: 23 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Facilities Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: General Manager
Job Code: 005
About the Company:
GreenWaste has been an industry leader in recycling and waste diversion for more than 35 years and is on a growth trajectory after private equity investment in 2021. Our business was founded on principles of environmental sustainability, and innovation is a cornerstone of our ongoing operations and growth strategy. GreenWaste specializes in all aspects of material collection, processing, and sales, tailoring our service offerings to the unique needs of our customers and communities, and helping to shape the evolution of the solid waste and recycling industry. We work directly with 20+ municipalities and 50+ jurisdictions, operate highly regulated facilities in 10+ locations, and have 1,000+ employees.
We are seeking an experienced, successful, and engaged Operations Manager to join our team. This position is expected to work out of our office at 675 Los Esteros Road in San Jose CA and limited job-related travel may be required.
GreenWaste is seeking to fill the position of Operations Manager to provide support to one or more facilities. This role will collaborate daily with the General Manager and Supervisor(s) to ensure all safety standards and all contractual obligations achieved, provide oversight of all on-boarding and recurring training programs for employees, interface with City officials to resolve issues as they arise, and interact with peers across all GreenWaste sites/operations to ensure consistency and safety standards are being met.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supports the General Manager in daily oversight of facility, personnel, and management of KPI’s / profitability goals.
- Supports the company’s safety mission and goals in partnership with the Safety team, supporting PPE standards, safety vendor management, safety training, incident response, and hazard mitigation.
- Manages all transfer station personnel and oversees sub-hauler / vendor logistics and operations.
- Oversees the planning and execution of all facility special projects to include improvements, expansions, and repairs.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary personnel to accomplish daily operational needs.
- Develops action plans, programs, and processes to support operational goals in the areas of revenue, cost containment, employee morale, safety management, and asset protection.
- Manages recruiting & retention efforts, employee onboarding and training, disciplinary actions, and talent development efforts in partnership with Human Resources.
- Serves as point of contact for onsite inspections from local, state, and federal regulatory agencies, working in partnership with the GM to devise improvement action plans and risk mitigation efforts.
- Analyzes operational reports and KPI data to effectively manage payroll and expenses in accordance with operational goals.
- Responsible for communicating to General Manager any issues in the field.
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Assist with coordinating development projects onsite.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The Operations Manager will be required to utilize communication and labor relations skills to effectively oversee operations and employees.
- Must have the capability to read and understand Operating and Compliance Documents and comply with terms as written.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and the capability to be trained on third party software.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to work with senior management, executives, and employees in projects and implementation of new contract roll outs.
- Education and Experience: A High School Diploma (or GED) is preferred with previous Management experience.
- 5-7 years of solid waste / recycling experience preferred.
- Must maintain a California Driver License and an acceptable DMV record.
- Proficiency in English and/or Spanish
- Ability to physically push, pull and lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Constant bending and twisting
- Frequent standing, walking and semi-frequent sitting
- Constant climbing in and out of equipment
Typical work week is Monday through Friday. Will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Ability to work in setting with frequent changes in equipment, start/end time, service city/town and routes based on the operational needs for the day and or week. Weekend and holiday work may be required.
GreenWaste provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
GreenWaste Recovery LLC
AddressSan Jose, CA
Get fresh Title Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.