Maintenance Mechanic 2
- $36 to $39 Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: General Manager
About the Company:
GreenWaste has been an industry leader in recycling and waste diversion for more than 35 years and is on a growth trajectory after private equity investment in 2021. Our business was founded on principles of environmental sustainability, and innovation is a cornerstone of our ongoing operations and growth strategy. GreenWaste specializes in all aspects of material collection, processing, and sales, tailoring our service offerings to the unique needs of our customers and communities, and helping to shape the evolution of the solid waste and recycling industry. We work directly with 20+ municipalities and 50+ jurisdictions, operate highly regulated facilities in 10+ locations, and have 1,000+ employees.
We are seeking a successful Mechanic to join our team to assist our organization in providing a successful work environment where our employees can be safe, thrive and give their personal best each day. This position is expected to work out of our office at 14207 Del Monte Blvd. in Marina and some job-related travel may be required.
GreenWaste is seeking to fill the position of Mechanic to provide support to one or more facilities. This position is responsible for fixing and maintaining all equipment used in the collection and processing of material. This position is responsible for repairing and operating all industrial equipment efficiently while observing all safety protocols to ensure that operations run smoothly.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining trucks, trailer, loaders, forklifts, carts, bins debris boxes and associated equipment
- Reading and filling out appropriate paperwork
- Ability to use electric welder and gas/acetylene torch
- Taking directions from shop supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have basic familiarity with all equipment maintained by GreenWaste
- Must be able to perform basic equipment maintenance and repair procedures
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision in a safe and productive manner
- 2 years of previous mechanical experience with similar equipment
- Proficiency in English and/or Spanish
- Must be able to remain in a standing position for extended periods
- Must be capable of lifting arms above shoulder level and work in that position for extended periods Must be able to work in limited spaces
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in kneeling or prone position for extended periods
- Must be able to crawl under and inside vehicles to locate and work on problems Must be able to bend/twist freely at neck and waist
- Must be capable of simple grasping with both hands
- Must be capable of simple grasping, power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling, reaching above shoulders and below waist with both hands
- Must be capable of driving and operating multiple types of fleet vehicles including forklifts
- Must work around heavy equipment
- Must be able to walk on uneven ground when repairing trucks on route road calls Sometimes exposed to loud noise from trucks and equipment
- Sometimes exposed to high and low temperatures when working inside or outside on vehicles Sometimes exposed to dust, fumes, and chemicals
- Must be able to work at heights when working on top of trucks or other equipment
GreenWaste provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
GreenWaste Recovery LLCMarina, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.