GreenSky is one of the fastest growing Financial Technology companies in America. We make it easy for businesses of all sizes to offer credit to their customers with a fast and paperless solution. With billions of dollars in loans and hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers, GreenSky is quickly changing the consumer credit marketplace. We have a great team, are growing quickly, and are backed by some of the leading investors in the world.
Our corporate headquarters is located in the financial technology hub of Atlanta, GA.
Looking for great talent to help us continue our rapid growth!
Position Title: Debt Specialist
As a debt collection specialist you’ll work with past due Customers on a daily basis, identifying the reason for inquery or delinquency and assisting the Customer in remediating any issues. The incumbent will handle both inbound and outbound calls and is accountable for accurately updating account entries. Additional duties may include initating processes (I.E. extensions, bankruptcy, skip-tracing, settlements, etc.) through the proper identifcation of events/opportunities.
Monday - Friday: 6:00pm-10:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 8:00am-12:00pm
Essential Job Functions:
· Investigate and resolve Customer complaints regarding account status
· Collect delinquent installment and revolving loans by contacting borrowers via auto-dialer, telephone, text, email, or other correspondence to negotiate payment arrangements
· Within designated authority, identify settlements and extensions
· Add, change and delete information in multiple system screens within multiple applications
· Maintain Customer contact information
· Educate the customer about the terms of the contract
· Meet minimum individual and departmental goals and service level agreements
· Responsible for account research which may include skip tracing, reviewing notes, evaluating bureau data, etc.
· Follow established interaction model and procedures while adapting to each contact using skills and techniques learned during training
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures
· Execute duties in accordance with all state and federal laws inclusive of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
· Assist with special projects as requested
· Demonstrated integrity and value commitment
· Proven ability to set and obtain goals
· Superior verbal and written communications skills
· Strong time management and prioritization skills
· Established cognitive skills
· Displayed sense of ownership in relation to attitude and actions, assignments and event outcomes
· Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
· Detail oriented
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Computer proficient
· Proven ability to stay focused in a continuous process flow and keep pace within the work team
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience with call center technology
· Previous debt collection experience
· Knowledge of FDCPA
At GreenSky, we promote an environment that thrives on innovation. To deliver effective solutions that meet customer challenges, GreenSky employs an open, standards-based approach to business and service oriented innovation.