Fall River, MA
$55,000.00 to $80,000.00 per year
2nd Shift: 2:00pm to Midnight
Growing food manufacturer 4 plant locations seeking Receiving Manager, 2nd shift
Are you looking for continued growth and development? The food industry is one of the strongest economic sectors of our economy to work in. Recession proof!
Our Client is deeply rooted in the New England food industry, with plants in MA, RI, OR and TX. They promote from within, offer relocation assistance, offer amazing growth potential, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Dependent Scholarship Program, an excellent benefits package and more. They are committed to excellence in all areas of food production with the mission to deliver top quality products.
Why Should You Apply:
- Competitive Compensation Package; benefits including medical, dental, 401K match & more
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Steady year around work
- Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Family Fun Days
- Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Holiday Hams
This position oversees receiving. The incoming of raw materials. The allocation of all raw ingredients to production. The position is on the floor in the warehouse. Cold environment. Strong leadership. Team champion. Metrics driven. Will oversee multiple supervisors.
The Receiving Manager position requires an individual who is able to work in a busy environment, possesses solid math skills, is detailed and team oriented. The Materials Manager must also enforce Safety rules and written procedures and have an ability to coach and train supervisors on a continuous basis. The employee also incorporates the use of all technologies and equipment provided to efficiently and effectively manage the workload and his/her subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Receiving Manager
- Oversees all internal warehouse functions and supervisors as it pertains to Warehouse activity (Picking/Receiving/Deliveries & Returns)
- Verifies all materials activity; including the shipping and receiving of raw ingredients and sales orders.
- Assures all inventory is maintained within agreed upon guidelines, and is real time verifiable within the system.
- Oversees all Prep activities and supervisors, ensuring that production demands for materials are consistently satisfied in an efficient manner.
- Oversees Warehouse and Prep supervisors; all practices and procedures.
- Development: responsible for the establishment, implementation and follow through of a development program for one’s staff. Increasing positional knowledge, performance efficiencies and future company growth.
Supervisory Responsibilities of the Receiving Manager
Directly supervises approximately 3 supervisors. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience of the Receiving Manager
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school;
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.