Quality Engineering Technician
$45,000 to $55,000 per year
Looking for Quality Engineers who would like to work for a leading multinational technological manufacturer. Come join a company that has built their business around excellent customer support. Their expertise extends across a diversified range of markets, including automotive/automotive mechatronics, consumer electronics, imaging and printing, industrial electronics, mass storage, medical/life sciences, mobile and telecommunications and networking and enterprise solutions.
The Position: Quality Engineering Technician
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Initial focus will be providing quality engineering technician support to the Cut & Pack and Stamping departments.
- Conduct a gap analysis on existing control plans in Cut & Pack and Stamping.
- Summarize gap analysis findings by creating a master list that outlines missing control plans, control plans that require revision and control plans that are in existence and consistent with the current process on the floor. Present overall findings to Quality Manager.
- Develop control plans for programs that do not have them.
- Revise control plans that require revision.
- Enter all control plans into the ERP system.
- Responsibilities include determining the proper sampling plans based on Component Specifications, Inspection Plans, or Customer supplied requirements. Develop measurement and calibrations strategies. Provide input for inspection methods and improvements related to the job.
- Responsible for the inspection of components, subassemblies, and finished products.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of in-process and finished components, subassemblies, and products.
- Assist in the training, development and testing of QC inspectors in the operation and programming of the CMM, Optical Comparator, OGP Smartscope and the application of GD&T and reporting analysis.
- Records inspection results and reports discrepancies to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Assists the Quality Assurance Manager in the updating and printing of work instruction databases, calibrating of inspection tools, and filing of quality records.
Education /Skills /Qualifications of the Quality Engineering Technician
- HS Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must read, write and communicate in English as it relates to this position and safety.
- Must successfully complete 90-day probationary period.
- 3 - 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of industry (Automotive), QMS (ISO/TS16949) and continuous improvement methodologies (Lean Mfg., Six Sigma, TQM).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as tolerances, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic geometry. Ability to apply concepts of basic geometry and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Effective listening and communication skills, both oral and written with ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and interact with all levels of the organization.
Why work here:
- Clean environment
- People good
- Training, teaching and coaching
- Growth to Leadership and engineering
- Support schooling
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pay 65% of health care