Growing Food Manufacturer in McKinney, TX seeking Quality Control Technicians. Must have food manufacturing and ammonia refrigeration experience.
Are you looking for continued growth and development? The food industry is one of the strongest economic sectors of our economy to work in.
Our Clients are deeply rooted in the food industry; with nationwide plants. They promote from within, offer relocation assistance, offer amazing growth potential, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Dependent Scholarship Program, an excellent benefits package and more. They are committed to excellence in all areas of food production with the mission to deliver top quality products.
Routine Duties and Functions of the Quality Control Technician (may include but are not limited to the following)
- Perform incoming inspection of medical devices, in-progress inspection of open work orders and final inspection of finished product using company approved procedures and equipment
- Record and investigate non-conformances and product complaints,
- Participate to root cause investigation
- Inspect kitted material for new work orders issued to Manufacturing
- Review and final approve Manufacturing lot history records and file lots
- Label product with Approved, Reject, or Quarantine label stickers
- Monitor temperature and humidity in controlled areas
- Create product pouch template labels/finished product box labels using company approved procedures and equipment
- Issue internal lot numbers for incoming raw material, and finished product
Special Skills / Requirements of the Quality Control Technician
- Data driven
- Team Player
- Positive mental attitude
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills including Lean Six Sigma
- Being proactive
- Possess the sense of urgency
- Ability to perform detail oriented work
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Ability to track open items and follow-up
- Adapt to a flexible environment with changing daily workload priorities as directed
- Good communication skills- Advanced English writing and speaking a MUST!
Education / Experience of the Quality Control Technician
- High school diploma required and demonstration of ability and willingness to learn
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Experienced with Quality Control Inspection in the Medical Device Industry.
The Quality Associate should be able to wear various hats:
- QC inspection inside and outside of a clean room
- Recording data into Excel and Access Databases,
- Helping with root cause analysis
- Performing simple tests such as material strength
- Verifying batch records