$14.00 to $16.00 per hour
*MUST HAVE 2 years prior experience with Machine Operator
Growing food manufacturer seeking Machine Operators!
Are you looking for continued growth and development? The food industry is one of the strongest economic sectors of our economy to work in.
Growing food manufacturer seeking a 1st and 2nd shift Machine Operators in Norwood, MA $14.00 to $16.00 per hour *MUST have 2 years prior experience with machine operation!!! Join a successful and smart management team; looking for a Machine Operators.
Our customer is a dynamic enterprise that has become the market leader in a number of prepared meat-based meal and snack categories. The company has grown substantially across its markets through excellence in innovation, manufacturing, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by its ownership group and an expanding team of world-class executives. Our client is building on this track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. The company’s business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for its customers and team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Machine Operator
- Operates machine to ensure quality and conformity of products to standards.
- Performs basic operator preventative maintenance on machinery as needed or when directed by lead, supervisor, and/or documented standard operating procedures.
- Performs proper Lock Out Tag Out procedures prior to performing any preventative maintenance.
- Identifies equipment problems early and works with maintenance to get the necessary repairs
- Perform basic sanitation duties as needed.
- Follows/adheres to schedule.
- Operate and monitor manufacturing equipment(s) to ensure efficiency.
- Stop, reset or adjust machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions, inoperable equipment or any abnormal noises to a Lead and/or Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate case count for changeovers and set up packaging for changeovers.
- Follows to all operational procedures, process control limits, start up and change over procedures, line capabilities, product specifications and batching and packing recipes.
- Sort, grade, weigh, and inspect products, verifying and adjusting necessary elements when necessary to meet specifications.
- Completes necessary documentation, reports accurately, and on-time.
- Responsible for complying with SQF, regulatory and costumer requirements.
- Complies with GMP and safety and food safety and quality standards at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area per company standards.
- Prepares work area for the next shift by turning off machinery and cleaning the work area
- Inspects equipment to ensure it is completely functional and safe to operate.
- Responsible for understanding and following all safety, health, environmental, food safety and quality policy and procedures.
- Handles all equipment in a proper manner by following safety rules and proper procedures.
- Report hazardous conditions (unsafe equipment) and unsafe acts, accidents promptly to Production Supervisor immediately.
- Assist new employees and trainees in learning proper methods and procedures.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives: This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this position and is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person as to the work of this function nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Education and/or Experience of the Machine Operator
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience as equipment operator is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is a must.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Able to speak and read English.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical equations, use basic calculator and scales.
- Team-oriented approach with a desire to work in a hands-on capacity.
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and respect for others.
- Able to operate a forklift and/or pallet jack to pull and move product and supplies
- Requires a basic understanding of GMP's, HACCP and SQF guidelines.
Physical Demands of the Machine Operator
Able to stand for prolonged periods of time; must have good vision.
- Ability to routinely lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push/pull material handling equipment up to a 1500-pound load