We’re on a mission to empower cannabis companies through expert, industry-specific financial knowledge and management.
We are the fastest growing CPA firm focused on the cannabis industry in the United States. We are a fast-growing company with a start-up mentality, having doubled in revenue and size over the last 2 years. Unlike most CPA firms that are bound by geolocation, our clients are remote and spread throughout all 12 legalized states: the market we serve is limited only by the laws restricting marijuana legalization.
Cannabis is one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries in the United States, exceeding $13B in sales in 2019 and projected to surpass $30B by 2025. GreenGrowth CPAs has positioned itself as the leading expert in tax, financial, and audit services for cannabis companies. We’ve done this by hiring smart people who reflect our values and leveraging their deep and varied experience to provide best-in-class services to our clients, all while continuously growing and learning in tandem with the industry.
The Tax Accountant is a well-seasoned tax professional with in-depth technical and industry knowledge with an active CPA license to practice tax regulation and advisory in the United States. The Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting GreenGrowth CPA clients with their financial and income tax statements. Their work includes preparing tax forms, advising on tax payments, identifying tax savings, and analyzing tax issues. This individual is responsible for advising clients, providing clear direction when requesting financial data, analyzing tax data submitted by clients, and filing and submitting tax returns. The Tax Accountant reports to the Tax Operational Manager. This position is a contractor, part-time and fully-remote.
1) Oversee accounting for all income taxes for clients including review and preparation of the consolidated income tax provision (annual and quarterly) and all related assumptions, analyses, journal entries, calculations, and footnote disclosures.
2) Prepare cash tax forecast for C-corporations and partnerships.
3) Prepare and review of the consolidated federal income tax return, state income tax returns, and estimated tax payments, including all related analyses and support for the following but not limited to 1040, 1120S, 1120, 1065, etc.
4) Manage tax-related expenses and oversee other tax operations including sales taxes, business licenses, and annual reports.
5) Support and defend transfer pricing strategy and uncertain tax positions, as applicable.
6) Conduct tax research and work on projects to minimize tax burden and reduce the clients’ effective tax rate and cash taxes when possible
7) Research and comply with local city municipalities and state cannabis regulations and respective taxes
8) Work with the VP of Content Marketing to create new content ideas
The Tax Accountant is expected to provide technical knowledge and fulfill all needs with regard to preparing and filing client income taxes for GreenGrowth clients in a professional, timely, and organized manner. The Tax Accountant should have effective communication skills to liaise with clients and provide guidance for our internal team. Finally, this individual needs to have strong organizational and time management skills to ensure all taxes are filed accurately and on time for each and every client.