- Posted: 28 days ago
“Global Reach with a personal touch”, that’s the foundation on which four partners (and long-time friends) agreed to when they started Green Worldwide Shipping back in 2008. This ethos has allowed Green to Grow to a 200+ strong team with 15 offices across the US and growing.
At green we are a family of innovative problem-solvers who communicate freely to present creative solutions in an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. We are dedicated to customer service, passionate about logistics, and committed to sustainable growth while inspiring others.
Why this role is special..
Join Green’s team of experts and fall in love with forwarding all over again. At Green, you are more than just a clerk – here, as a specialist you will own the consignment from start to finish, managing airfreight and ocean import related decision-making; negotiating with steamship lines, domestic carriers and airlines to win your client an exceptional shipping experience. Clear communication and passion for the industry is essential for this key, relationship-building position.
How you will be successful…
- Evaluate market opportunities to provide each customer with best-in-class transport solutions.
- Enjoy rate negotiations that maximize profitability and bring value to your customers.
- Prepare and coordinate the necessary documentation for efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of export activities.
- Provide outstanding service to clients, agents, vendors, and colleagues.
- Clear communication is a must when providing shipping instructions to overseas partners and clients.
- The perfect candidate will enjoy crossing their t’s and dotting their i’s, bringing attention to detail and delegate effectively.
- Green freight experts are fanatics about response time, and you should be too.
- Our Green freight experts are encouraged to develop their industry expertise to embrace change and growth.
- Be a part of a fun and creative team, be open to mentoring team members sharing your industry knowledge and experience.
What you will bring….
- 4-5 years of experience in imports, shipping, transportation or other like experience.
- Knowledge of ocean (FCL & LCL) imports handling a must.
- Knowledge of export Customs laws, practices and procedures.
- Deep understanding of the shipping industry and rate negotiation opportunities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team as well as be independent.
- Detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Excel.
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams.
- Knowledge of Cargo Wise operating system a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Green Worldwide Shipping, LLC (Green) is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Green will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact Faye Hughes, Head of People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Green Worldwide Shipping LLC
AddressSouth Plainfield, NJ
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?