Green Tree School & Services (GTSS) is a non-profit state licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children ages 5-21 with Autism Disorder and severe Emotional Disability at Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The Reading Specialist Supports the mission of Green Tree School & Services by overseeing literacy programming for students in the APS. This position will provide literacy instruction and enrichment to student in accordance with their individualized needs. Essential duties will include assessment of student literacy proficiency, direct student instruction, and consultation with coaching for teachers regarding best practices in literacy instruction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret results of literacy screening assessments for planning student instruction.
- Provide diagnostic testing as needed to determine specific instructional needs for students identified with reading and writing challenges.
- Provide recommendations on the selection of supplies and materials needed for standards aligned curriculum and enrichment interventions for reading and language arts.
- Develop instructional plans for use in the full classroom, as well as individual or small group instruction.
- Plan and implement sequential learning experiences for students using a variety of instructional strategies, consistent with instructional goals, school wide initiatives/ objectives, and core Curriculum content standards.
- Provide direct instruction in the areas of reading and writing for identified students in both individual and small group instruction.
- Assist in the development and implementation of student Individualized Educational Plan (IEP)
- Maintains records and provide evidence of growth and progress for school teams, students and their parents.
- Consults with teachers and paraeducators on instructional strategies to support reading comprehension including phonological awareness, decoding, word recognition, vocabulary development, fluency development, ad study strategies.
- Summarize, interpret and disseminate current developments in learning and instructional strategies through reading professional journals, participation in professional development and involvement in professional organizations.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of instructional materials and resources.
- Masters Degree in Education required.
- Certification as an Instructional I or II Teacher by the Pennsylvania Department of Education is required.
- Certification as a Reading Specialist by the Department of Education is required
- Certification in Special Education is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years or more teaching experience within Special Education.
Eligible Green Tree Employees will receive:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Discount Programs
- 401k options, and accrued time off.
Green Tree School & Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about Green Tree School & Services please visit our website: www.greentreeschool.org