Veterinary Kennel Technician
- Posted: 19 days ago
At Green Summit Animal Clinic, we’ve been taking care of beloved pets and their owners in Lee’s Summit and surrounding communities for more than 20 years. It is our mission to provide the most comprehensive health care available to each of our patients to create the highest quality of life possible.
In addition, we will strive to provide the best client education. We know that you want the best for your pets. We also know that veterinary care is not something that the average pet owner is necessarily familiar or comfortable with. That’s why our entire animal clinic is dedicated to making caring for your pet as easy and convenient as possible.
When it comes to care, our veterinarians and staff practice the highest moral and ethical standards. We understand that your pet is a member of your family and deserves the very best veterinary care available. With continued education, we remain at the technological forefront of our profession.
If you’re looking for a veterinary clinic with excellent care and veterinarians and staff who have your pet’s best interest in mind, come in and see us. We would love to give you a tour of our animal clinic. From our clean and spacious reception and waiting room to our radiology, surgery and onsite pharmacy, we make taking your pet to the veterinarian as pleasant an experience as possible.
To learn more about us click here.Job Description
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
The kennel tech is responsible for the care, feeding, medicating, and cleaning of our patients in the hospital and boarding facility. This job involves cleaning, laundry, bathing, feeding, walking dogs, and medicating patients. You are responsible for restocking hospital supplies, helping with post-operative patients, assisting doctors and assistants with animal restraint and exams. You will be responsible for proper recordkeeping of medications, special foods, appetite, behavior and any issue that may arise while the animal is in our care. You may be trained to clean and sterilize surgical instruments.Qualifications
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting methods.
- Proper methods of animal restraint.
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor (large dogs, bags of litter, pet foods, etc).
- Ability to sympathetically and patiently attend to sick, scared and injured animals.
- Ability to learn to administer medications and to recognize abnormal conditions.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of the job.
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to licensed/registered/certified roles)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin
Green Summit Animal Clinic
AddressLee's Summit, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?