Project Quotations Specialist - Albany NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:GMES is a family-owned, Vermont-based company that continues to expand. We are looking for individuals to join our team that will be highly motivated, self-driven, and looking for a career path where they can learn and grow with GMES. GMES prides themselves on promoting from within and being a lively and innovative organization. GMES offers a competitive industry pay structure, vacation time, 401k reimbursement, and health insurance to their full-time employees. GMES promotes a healthy active lifestyle among their employees. GMES also encompasses CSR by giving back to the community through their Community Volunteerism Program, recycling, supporting local/community events/organizations, and using environmentally friendly/US-sourced materials/supplies/suppliers whenever possible.
As a Project Quotations Specialist, you will be part of a team responsible for developing lasting relationships with contractors and other purchasers of electrical products, as well as managing all aspects of GMES’s participation in client projects, from quote to finish. To GMES, meeting customer needs is first and foremost, so the Project Quotations Specialist must be driven to go the extra mile in all situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides customer with quotes, product information and availability.
- Create an understanding/understands Electrical switchgear, lighting, and day to day project material.
- Makes calls to potential and existing customers by telephone, email and on-site customer visits to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Reviews project specifications, determines appropriate materials and pricing, and prepares and presents customer bids.
- Uses the project bid database for information on relevant projects in the assigned territory
- Monitors production and delivery schedules to estimate date of delivery to customer.
- Determines needs for special orders based on project specifications.
- Coordinates customer requirements with the Inventory and Purchasing Manager
- Processes product returns and credit adjustments
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships.
- Provides product demos to qualified customers on request.
- Assists customers with product needs and product selection as needed.
- Enters new customer data and processes sales data in computer database.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Ensure adequate follow-up and timely relay of communications between customers and outside salespersons.
- Provide sales and customer service support to assigned accounts.
- Works with management to determine credit terms, and creates and tracks purchase orders.
- Expedites backorders and provides client with order status.
- Fosters increased sales by, wherever possible by: encouraging increased order quantities, selling additional products/lines, and aggressively offering information regarding specials and promotions.
- Determines and suggests suitable substitute products wherever possible.
Perform any other duties required by the GMES management to ensure the effective operation of the assigned branches and company.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Work well with a team
- A positive attitude with a desire to go the extra mile
- Relentless pursuit for employee engagement
- Ability to solve complex problems and think creatively
- Self-motivated and sales driven individual
- Commitment to learning products in the fast-changing field of Electrical Distribution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word is a must.
Please submit a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE STATEMENT:GMES is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.