The SolidWorks Drafter will provide CAD design services to support the development of Supercritical CO2 Fluid Extraction Systems. The candidate must have advanced software skills and be ready to demonstrate them with work samples.
This is a contract position with the potential for permanent, full-time employment if it's a good fit.
The SolidWorks Drafter will work with a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics, fluid dynamics, and heat transfer techniques while supporting the core technology of our business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate and qualify mechanical and electro-mechanical components, materials, assemblies, processes and/or equipment for volume production
- Troubleshoot products, subsystems, or components for continual product improvement
- Revise or redesign existing products to reduce cost, increase manufacturability and reliability
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, marketing, purchasing, and customer assurance to ensure conformance to company and customer requirements
- Develop and manage the server that stores current and archived drawings
- Develop version controlling system/procedures for all models and drawings
- Learn and understand Green Mill technologies
- Attend occasional conferences (some travel required)
- Strong expertise in SolidWorks including the ability to route pipework, tubing, and cabling, and import P&ID
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but training at a technical or design school is acceptable with a demonstrated aptitude