Green Meadows Farms Southbridge, MA
- Expired: August 27, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: The Extraction Manager reports directly to the VP of Cannabis Operations and is responsible for product development, quality control, efficient processing, and conducting all general lab extraction activities. This position will be accountable for developing the Extraction Lab from start-up phase to consistent dispensation of quality product.
- Carrying out all cannabis extraction, extract processing, product formulation, filling, and manufacturing procedures in an efficient manner
- Proper weighing, data recording, and batch tracking throughout process
- Developing meticulous company standard operating procedures (SOPs) to achieve best practices in the industry
- Recording the data necessary in the State of Massachusetts cannabis regulatory system METRC and ensuring compliance to developed SOPs
- Hiring and managing future extraction lab staff. Training staff on conducting processes with superior quality resulting in continuous employee coaching on work performance and improvement
- In coordination with our Compliance team, continually striving to enhance processes for improved regulatory, safety, and quality
- Working with our Sales/Marketing team to understand industry product trends
- Taking the lead on developing products while teaming with our Cannabis Production Team to develop new product exceeding customer expectations.
- Packaging of products as necessary
- Ensuring compliance and accuracy involving all product security and product movement procedures through retail and wholesale
- Conducting visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceed specifications.
- Run and troubleshoot extraction lab equipment ensuring the cleanliness and working condition of extraction equipment
- Maintaining inventory and ordering for the Extraction Lab
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Education: Bachelors degree of similar science or related degrees
Preferred Education: Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry
- 2+ years of in the Cannabis Industry in an extraction lab. Comfortable working with software inventory systems - METRC
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of working and leading teams in an Extraction lab. A working knowledge of METRC and strong understanding of Massachusetts CCC regulations. Keen understanding of cannabis industry product trends. Familiarity in writing SOPs
- Above average math skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills and strong analytical and PC skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
- Great attitude with attention to detail
- Unquestioned integrity
- High energy with a desire to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
Regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
Hours & Conditions
Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Adapt schedule to work alongside the changing demands of the Facility. On a regular and recurring basis, the employee must alternate between contaminated/dirty environments to clean. Strong odors may be encountered. Work is generally conducted in heated and air-conditioned areas.
Powered by JazzHR
Green Meadows Farms
HealthcareView all jobs at Green Meadows Farms