Are you looking for a fast paced and exciting career with a Cannabis (Hemp) company?
Green Lotus Hemp, a Texas based, publicly traded, premium hemp oil company, is seeking an experienced and motivated Financial Controller that wants to get in at the ground level of a rapidly expanding company in the Hemp industry. As a high growth business, we are looking for the right team member who can help drive our finance and accounting department as we continue to scale and evolve.
The Financial Controller will streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation. This position reports directly to the CFO and will be responsible for managing and overseeing accounting operations, including the monthly close cycle, SEC & other financial reporting, internal control and policy development.
· Preparing financial reports.
· Analyzing financial data.
· Monitoring internal controls.
· Overseeing and preparing financial statements.
· Participating in budgeting processes.
· Managing financial transactions.
· Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
· Developing plans for financial growth.
· Evaluating and managing risk.
· Coordinating audit processes.
· Filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a large company or division of a large corporation. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving ability, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. Excellent communication skills, sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals, and auditing experience are required. Consolidated entity reporting is a must. Cannabis industry experience is a plus. Startup experience is a plus.