Freedom Leaf Inc. (OTCQB: FRLF), dba Freedom Leaf Health, is a diversified, innovator in plant-based care providing premium Hemp CBD health products across advanced care, consumer and pet markets to promote greater health and wellness. FRLF is a clean-health company, establishing a new direction in care with plant-based products designed to naturally restore and revitalize. FRLF's consumer promise of "your health first" underscores its universal commitment to produce premium-quality HEMP-derived CBD health products.
FRLF is a diverse enterprise of branded business lines dedicated to meeting the needs of people who face health challenges and those who are healthy. Freedom Leaf's Green Lotus Hemp and IrieCBD are the company's flagship brands within the Hemp-derived CBD industry. Today, FRLF produces premium hemp products from seed to shelf using proprietary science-backed formulations and rigorous product testing.
FRLF is seeking an experienced and proven Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to develop and establish the company’s financial strategy in alignment with the company overall vision. CFO is responsible for strategically developing and leading financial initiatives to drive a premium manufacturer, distributor and leading products innovator in the Hemp/Wellness industry to become a world class operation.
- Develop and lead financial strategy, goals and objectives for a fast-growing consumer products company
- Build financial department, systems, software and reporting
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports for multiple entities, income centers and business lines (preferred); Monthly profit and loss forecasts by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecasts
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors)
- Complete analysis of financial results
- Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new product launches, promotional programs, etc.) and develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
- Other duties or tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred
- Public company experience including audit, SOX compliance & reporting
- Active CPA license (preferred)
- 10+ years of Finance and Accounting experience in a manufacturing and/or sales environment
- Must have a strong cost accounting background
- Cannabis/CBD/Alcohol beverage industry, food industry or consumer products industry experience (preferred)
- Experience supporting a sales and marketing organization is preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a consumer products controller or similar role
- 5+ years of experience in both FPA and Reporting roles at a Corporate/Division
- Experience in both traditional as well as entrepreneurial companies a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience all Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), preferred experience with Microsoft Dynamics.
- Previous work with ERP/Planning Systems while reporting multiple income centers and business lines (preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Management & Leadership
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Finance/Accounting Skills
- Negotiation & Persuasion skills
- Project Management Skills
- Research & Strategy
- Computer Skills
- Business Intelligence
- Strong Business Acumen
Equal Opportunity Employer; Health and Wellness; Finance; Accounting; CFO; Manufacturing; Distribution; Management; Leadership