Position Title: Pharmacy Technicians
Pay Rate Range: based on experience
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7am – 6p (Closed on holidays) – 8 hour flex schedule shift
· Job Summary:
Evaluates and authorizes approval of prior authorization pharmacy requests from prescribers received by telephone and/or facsimile using client clinical criteria.
- Determines appropriateness for medications. Communicates decision to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff and/or pharmacists. Researches, resolves and documents prior authorization outcomes in pharmacy system.
- Communicates selected prior authorization criteria, pharmacy benefit coverage and formulary alternatives to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff and/or pharmacists.
- Escalates requests to Pharmacist when request requires extensive clinical review or denial.
- Monitors telephone system to ensure adequate staffing to maintain client services levels.
Assesses training needs within the team. Serves as a training resource, mentor and coach to others. Identifies and shares best practices.
- Demonstrates, advocates and reinforces a positive team environment.
- Must have either a HS diploma or GED
- PTCB - National is strongly preferred
- CPT - State Certification REQUIRED
- 2+ years minimum dispensing or retail experience required
- Candidate must have strong customer service
- Validating the employees certification and registration
- Strong desire to learn and grow with organization
Notes: call center role taking roughly 30+ inbound calls a day. In addition, the candidate may be asked to send faxes & send notifications to members and providers.
Benefits: Full benefits (health, dental, vision etc)
Interview process: phone interviews start over the next 5-7 business days. Then onsite interview will be scheduled shortly after! ASAP start date. If you’re interested in hearing more, please apply today & someone will get back to you within the next 72 hours!