Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center is looking for a talented and hard-working RN to join our ever-growing team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in defining, maintaining and interpreting standards of practice.
- Performs required skills (assessment, intervention) according to guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Participates in interdisciplinary committees which influence or determine policies affecting nursing practice.
- Follow facility procedures/protocols for admitting residents transferring to hospitals/clinics/outpatient visits and completion of appropriate documentation based on established guideline.
- Makes rounds on all resident rooms and ensure that the L.P.N.’s, C.N.A.’s and/or others under his/her supervision receive their resident reports, has their assignments and break times scheduled.
- Assist the L.P.N. in establishing routines which facilitate a high level of nursing practice.
- Receives and give reports from and to outgoing and incoming shifts. Count or ensure the counting of controlled drugs with outgoing and incoming shifts.
- Coordinates/Prepares MDS schedules for quarterly, annual and significant change assessments.
- Complete MDS Booklet as per schedule (Nursing Sections).
- Reviews and signs off on all completed MDS and RAP Summary.
- Develops care plan that demonstrate knowledge of criteria to ascertain resident specific needs based on health care problem(s).
- Makes needed revisions and updates to the care plans.
- Ensures that care plan is carried out which demonstrates familiarity with criteria to establish priorities specific to anticipated outcomes.
- Monitors the provision of care for the residents in his/her assigned unit.
- Interprets philosophy and objectives of nursing service to residents, families and others.
- Identifies resident/family learning needs based on the discharge care plan as applicable and carries out appropriate teaching required.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate and collaborate with resident/family and other members of the comprehensive health care team.
- Monitors the administration and accurate recording of medications used.
- Investigates and follow through on medication errors.
- Notifies physicians of pertinent observations and reactions, incident and abnormal laboratory and x-ray results as required and documents same promptly.
- Transcribes physician orders timely and ensure orders are implemented as appropriate.
- Reports all resident, visitor and work-related accidents/injuries and demonstrates appropriate follow through by investigating, documenting and processing incident reports.
- Accepts guidance, supervision, and criticism if needed.
- Practices in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act and regulatory agencies regulations.
- Assures that a stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc. are maintained at adequate levels at all times.
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of directing your nursing shifts.
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate or as may be directed by the Director of Nursing Services or Administrator.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- M.S./B.S. or equivalent experience preferred
- Licensed to practice in New York State
- Nursing Experience which one has acquired clinical competence and strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and appreciation of the aging process.
- Ability to be self-directive in delegated areas of responsibility.
- Commensurate with Experience