- Posted: over a month ago
Green District is a fast-casual salad restaurant founded in Louisville, KY. We are looking for an Assistant Manager that will help build an exciting and fun culture in our store. At Green District, we want to foster an inclusive & positive atmosphere for our employees and customers.
This is a full-time position that offers a flexible schedule, health benefits, and a great company culture. As a part of the GD Team, this person will learn the daily business operations and have the opportunity to be a part of the growth and expansion of GD into 5 new markets in the next year! Apply today to join our brand new store in Clifton opening this summer!
Assist in managing the daily business operations of the store by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Support the General Manager
- Support the daily business operations under the General Manager's or Assistant General Manager's supervision
- Fully participate in company initiatives
Support the Employee Management
- Administer training programs within the restaurant, including new employee orientation
- Maintain and instruct assigned personnel as to safety policies and procedures and follows up to eliminate hazards
- Coach staff to follow company policies and procedures
Assist with Restaurant Management
- Open the restaurant and close the restaurant within company policies and guidelines to create a great customer experience.
- Work the stations by building and chopping salads, operating the POS, and completing prep duties
- Delegate operations and station tasks and observe performance to ensure adherence to company policies and established operating procedures
- Manage shift labor to ensure the shift is profitable while maintaining great customer service
- Assist with inventory as needed
- Follow safe food handling practices
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Reconcile restaurant cash (registers and deposits)
- Communicate with upper management
- Other various operational responsibilities
Create a Guest Experience
- Manage employees to provide Green District-style customer service and engagement
- Manage Salad Enthusiast's food preparation to ensure it is clean, safe, and consistent
- Manage and prepare deliveries for third party delivery service providers
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but could indirectly manage and train Salad Enthusiasts, Prep Cooks, and Key Hourly staff. Will assist with recruiting and hiring staff and assisting with scheduling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Open availability
- 18 years of age or older
- 1 or more years of customer service experience preferred, preferably in the restaurant or hospitality industry
- Restaurant experience (quick service preferred)
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Positive attitude
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands regularly, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Green District reserves the right to revise and/or change job descriptions and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Green District Salads
RetailView all jobs at Green District Salads