In the performance of your respective tasks and duties, all GCBHS employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines with and without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, guests, and the people we serve.
· Work effectively as a team member on all assignments.
· Work independently and communicate / coordinate work efforts with colleagues and community partners, as necessary.
· Understands this position is considered to be a safety sensitive job where impaired performance may pose a direct threat to the employee, co-workers, clients, or property. An employee must be with clear mind and diligent while occupying such position.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
General responsibilities include the provision of advocacy, linkage, referral and rehabilitation services for eligible clients on an outpatient basis. Also, assists those we serve in gaining knowledge and skills to reduce problems and improve skills to lead healthy, self-sufficient productive lives.
Essential Job Functions
· Must have a firm belief in recovery principles and practices.
· Commits to always act in the best interest of the agency.
· Presents a welcoming environment to the people we serve.
· Understands and adheres to our philosophy of “No Wrong Door” – we are the right place at the right time for the client.
o We assume the client wants help at this time – regardless of their past
o Clients seeking help have had a change of attitude
o There are no restrictions on diagnosis for treatment
· Must be able to demonstrate core competencies in relation to individuals with co-occurring disorders; and provide trauma-informed, culturally competent, gender specific, and client-centered services.
· Collects information about the people we serve through on-going assessment, observation and analysis.
· Assists those we serve in learning coping skills and maintain community tenure.
· Guides clients into the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
· Assists in the development and implementation of service plans and collaborates with other staff and clients in goal setting and discharge planning.
· Can demonstrate knowledge in the role trauma plays in recovery and provides trauma informed, gender sensitive, age appropriate, culturally competent, and person centered treatment.
· Can dialogue with the people we serve about their view of recovery and what that means to them and how to utilize those skills in their daily lives.
· Can demonstrate knowledge and practice of effective crisis diversion skills.
· Can demonstrate a working knowledge and skills in the following, at a minimum: developmental life span; State laws for reporting abuse and neglect; safety planning; and service planning.
· Understands case management / care coordination and the referral, linkage, and advocacy process.
· Serves as a liaison between MCHS and GCBHS to ensure classroom observations and referrals are timely and appropriate.
· Assists MCHS staff with options for interventions and skill building for handling difficult situations.
· Is committed to utilizing evidenced based practices and interventions.
Knowledge and Skills
· Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, the people we serve, and the community at large.
· Must be task and detail-oriented and possess effective time management skills.
· Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Health Home principles.
· Must be able to effectively and efficiently utilize technology as it relates to your position within the organization.
· Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, using logic and reason to identify solutions to problems as they arise.
· Must be able to demonstrate good judgment and decision making ability in consideration of the costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate.
· Knowledge & applicability of federal, state and local laws, regulations, and standards as they apply to the services we perform. This includes HIPAA security and privacy laws.
· Adheres to the highest ethical standards set forth by the agency and the applicable licensing board.
· Must maintain all required certifications, licenses, and / or accreditations as needed to fulfill job requirements.
· Must participate in staff meetings, conferences, training sessions, and workshops as requested.
· Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to complete projects, if necessary.
· Must be able to articulate and model the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
· Must complete all mandatory and required trainings, on-time, upon orientation and annually thereafter.
· Must be able and willing to accept evaluation and services performed and make adjustments accordingly and in a timely manner.
· Must be willing to promote a team atmosphere and actively participate with the team.
· If asked, must be willing to participate in the agency’s Performance Improvement / Quality Assurance program.
· Must be willing to provide in-service education / training for others, if applicable.
· Must be able to drive a private vehicle or agency vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and pass a MVR and an OSBI background check..
· Most staff, but in particular, those providing direct care are required to use an electronic medical record system. This work is repetitive, requires long periods of sitting / standing and typing and must be done daily.
· Must be able to move up to 50 pounds.
· Must be willing to perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or members of the agency’s Leadership Team.
· Is credentialed by the ODMHSAS as a Case Manager and also provides rehabilitation services.
Works under the direct supervision of the Children’s Services Supervisor.
Green Country Behavioral Health Services, Inc.
Why Work Here?At GCBHS, we believe in providing services that empower individuals to recognize and embrace their unique values and capabilities. Our services build upon each person’s strengths and promote recovery.
Please visit the web site of this great place to work to view the job descriptions, complete the application and upload your credentials.